MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[closed] Tini Jax patch cables group buy (Buchla style)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author [closed] Tini Jax patch cables group buy (Buchla style)
captnapalm
[update] this order is closed. I may do another in the future but it took about 6 months of work and over $15,000 of my money in the interim...

Thanks to the help of Anto32 and the UK Switchcraft rep, we now have factory pricing from the US on Tini cables and we're ready to start a group buy!
Rockin' Banana!This is fun!screaming goo yo

The cables are the same type as the 'old' B&A version (pre-BEMI), using grey Next-Link cable material and overmolded colored plugs.

The pricing in USD is as follows:

8" Cable, red plugs:
$10.00 ea @100 pcs
$9.00 ea @250 pcs
$7.50 ea @500 pcs

18" Cable, yellow plugs:
$10.25 ea @100 pcs
$9.25 ea @250 pcs
$7.75 ea @500 pcs

24" Cable, green plugs:
$10.50 ea @100 pcs
$9.50 ea @250 pcs
$8.00 ea @500 pcs

I'll add the actual shipping price from Chicago to the total and you can pay before I ship. EU orders will get shipped in bulk to an EU member, who will ship from there to keep costs lower.

Rather than have a zillion PMs and emails I'd like to use a google spreadsheet for signups. Please fill out your name, email, forum username, country, and quantities you'd like here:
xxxxx

If we meet price break quantities I'll update the price calculation on the sheet to reflect in your total.
If you're unable to access the sheet you can PM me with the info and I'll fill it out for you.

I'll keep this open until August 1, then I'll place the order. Lead time is 6-8 weeks after the order.

xonetacular
hmm. I'm in but final quantity will depend on how good the pricing is in the end.
mirf59

Thank you very much for all your work on this.

If I understand correctly, I wait to hear from you to pay, right?

captnapalm
mirf59 wrote:

Thank you very much for all your work on this.

If I understand correctly, I wait to hear from you to pay, right?

Correct. I'll front the money for the order, and once it's ready to ship I'll send emails out to everybody for payment.

As for the price, we were warned by a former B&A employee that these wouldn't be cheap. The primary reason for the group buy is because many people prefer these cables to the currently-available ones.
momo
Sweet! Thank you for organising. For anyone wondering, these are about the finest patch cables to use on a Buchla system. I'm very precious about my Next-Link Switchcraft patch cables I got from B&A many years ago. The prospect of grabbing some more is really welcome. Thanks again!
puzo
am i missing something here, are these $10 cables? as in $10 for 1 cable
captnapalm
puzo wrote:
am i missing something here, are these $10 cables? as in $10 for 1 cable

Yep.

BEMI sells theirs (which people don't seem to like as well) for a out $13 per cable. They're expensive but it's something people have been asking for.
puzo
alot of cables are pretty much the last thing i need to get now, have been cautious to go down the 'cheapest possible' route as i'm not completely sure of the false economy of mega cheap cables. Good work for sorting
raph36
dont get why people aren't replacing those tinijacks by regular minijacks, seems like a waste of money and a headache to find an adaptaor to plug it into something normal
captnapalm
bump. we're getting close on the 18" but only about halfway to the minimum order on the other sizes.
xonetacular
added a few more 24s
dkcg
Added my order to the google docs. So the money will be collected when the cables are in? Or when the order goes in?

Any estimate of when they'll start shipping to everyone?

It's peanut butter jelly time!
captnapalm
dkcg wrote:
Added my order to the google docs. So the money will be collected when the cables are in? Or when the order goes in?

Thanks!

I'll front the money for the order, so people can pay when the cables are ready to ship.

The quote specified a 6 week lead time, so if we put in the order at the beginning of August they should ship out by mid-September.

It looks like we'll meet the 100pcs minimum per size, but probably unlikely we'll hit the 250pc price break.
dkcg
captnapalm wrote:
dkcg wrote:

Thanks!

I'll front the money for the order, so people can pay when the cables are ready to ship.

The quote specified a 6 week lead time, so if we put in the order at the beginning of August they should ship out by mid-September.

It looks like we'll meet the 100pcs minimum per size, but probably unlikely we'll hit the 250pc price break.

I did a cross post in the buchla forum so others might see it that missed it. I only remembered this thread because I had saved a link previously. It seems there are new buchla users every day here now. nanners
captnapalm
dkcg wrote:

How about a stickied post or some cross post in the buchla forum. Maybe a thread in the for sale section if it doesn't break rules. I only remembered this thread because I had saved a link previously. It seems there are new buchla users every day here now.

Is that allowed? I posted a link to it in the discussion post over there, but I didn't find any group buy threads in that forum so I figured it wasn't customary to post them there.
wsequeira
Thanks for taking the lead, much appreciated! Guinness ftw!

Might be a good thing to post when the thresholds are crossed, particularly if we get to the 250, in case we can buy more at a great price.
xonetacular
captnapalm wrote:
dkcg wrote:

How about a stickied post or some cross post in the buchla forum. Maybe a thread in the for sale section if it doesn't break rules. I only remembered this thread because I had saved a link previously. It seems there are new buchla users every day here now.

Is that allowed? I posted a link to it in the discussion post over there, but I didn't find any group buy threads in that forum so I figured it wasn't customary to post them there.

posting a thread in the buchla forum wouldnt hurt. probably not welcome in the for sale forum though
dkcg
xonetacular wrote:
posting a thread in the buchla forum wouldnt hurt. probably not welcome in the for sale forum though

That sounds about right. I think it's ok to post about group buys in the buchla forum, since it relates directly. I'm sure the mods will say something if it's not cool. In the sales forum would be pushing it.
cyberdine
Thanks for cross-posting, just added to the G-Doc. And thanks for doing this.
missingtwin
thanks for cross posting Don, I didn't see this.
added to the order!

thanks captnapalm we're not worthy
captnapalm
Bumping this. I'll be closing this order as of August 1 so sign up soon if you want in!
ttown23
Just signed up. Thanks for doing this!
captnapalm
1 week left for signups!
confusedmachine
Great, thanks!
MechaSeb
Signed up (finally).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3