MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

vco controller for more than 2 VCOs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author vco controller for more than 2 VCOs
tvh
Anyone have any recommendation on best way to control 3 VCOs CV via the CV1/CV2 headers on the controller?

would you combine one of the CV connections into 2 VCOs to form a bank or in practice would you just do one each and leave one VCO connected to basic oakley buss kcv? Still assembling the whole system and can always change later, just seeing what people find most useful in real world use.

Thanks cool
Synthbuilder
It's a shame that no one else has replied on this one because it has always interested me how people use their VCO Controllers.

The VCO Controller was primarily designed for one purpose and that was to act as a controller for a small Oakley modular with just two VCOs. So the VCO Controller would receive its input from the Dizzy bus (which in turn was fed by a single midiDAC) and then connect to each VCO via its CV1 and CV2 outputs.

So when you have three VCOs you have a choice. For me, I'd do what you suggest: keep one on the KCV bus, another on the VCO Controller's CV1 output and the remaining one on the CV2 output.

If I had four VCOs I might be tempted to try two pairs of VCOs each connected to the VCO Controller's CV outputs.

Tony
tvh
Thanks Tony - glad I'm thinking along the recommended lines SlayerBadger!
mooneh
Synthbuilder wrote:

If I had four VCOs I might be tempted to try two pairs of VCOs each connected to the VCO Controller's CV outputs.

Tony

That's how I use mine. Im so glad this module exist, its probably my favorite.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1