MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Poll: How many voices do you have?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

How many "voices" do you have
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
4-7
41%
 41%  [ 36 ]
8 or more
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 86

Author Poll: How many voices do you have?
russma
In this case, a "voice" = VCO + VCF + EG + VCA

hmmm.....

seriously, i just don't get it

Edit: For those that question the premise, this is just a hypothetical. I wouldn't expect anyone to think about it or to practice patching in this way.
russma
...I should have added "Poll:" to the title.

sandyB?
synthetic
I can assemble two, but I only use one at a time.
neandrewthal
4 by your definition but I could easily cheat more than 8.
Just me
2 Voices on the modular. All total 52 programmable voices.
decaying.sine
Two on the 5U. One more on euro.
pugix
I voted 8, but that's because I have "too much stuff". I don't think in terms of voices and don't use a keyboard very much.
JohnLRice
I'm in the 4-7 majority! w00t
suitandtieguy
i don't know.

currently two i guess, but it all depends on what a "voice" is ... you don't necessarily need much for a voice.

right now i'm using a secondary voice made up of Q106->Filthy Filtre->STG VCA, and the "envelope" controlling the VCA is just the gate signal of the Archangel fed into a Mankato to smooth out the edges of it!
Kent
To me, drums count as a voice. Osc, EG, VCA, Filter... it's all there and some can be used as an osc.
Not even including the drum modules, I'm waaay over 8.
a100user
Using the VCO - VCF - EG - VCA model I can do 5 (could be 7 if I use ring 8mods as VCA's - defo need more VCA's, QMMG would be my preference I think).

However if all the voices are to use the same module then it's 2;

A110 - A121 - A140 - A131

David
essex sound lab
Using your definition, 8 on the modular. Going to 11 in the next couple of weeks as orders arrive.

But I've never really thought of it that way.
rezzn8r
I can do 4 by your definition, but question the necessity of the VCF in the equation. I often create 'voices' without a filter.
Spiked Lunch
If I have to have a filter per voice, I only have the 1 voice waah
Tronman
I guess I have 4, unless I can count my STG Wavefolder as a "filter" (which I do), then I have 5.
Bryan B
I have 2 so far (1 EG short of 3). I am no where near done working on this total. I often use the 2nd EG to control filter, so I am back to 1. I could see myself using many EG's in my future setup.
robotmakers
11. But who would patch it up that way?
nerdware
I'm not counting my Digisound 80 right now, as that's not fully operational right now. Also, I have only 1 and a bit MIDI interfaces. (The Vesta Kozo isn't a fully functional MIDI converter as the pitch CV goes low when the gate goes low.) So I can't use my Digisound keyboard and the M-Audio keyboard, but you can count the Digisound if you like...and that would give me 2 voices. If the Digisound was fully operational and we ignore the controllers, or imagine I've added a Pro 2000, and we include the modules I have in storage coz I can't yet mount and power them....it could be 6 voices.

Anyway, I recorded 1 voice in the poll. That's all I can use today.
dadek
6 voices, euro (hides)
russma
For those that question the premise, this is just a hypothetical. I wouldn't expect anyone to think about it or to practice patching in this way.
sunsinger
6 each of VCO-Filters-EGs-VCAs. But I can definitely cheat more. Maybe 10.
mosaiclive
By your definition, 4.
Attorks
Was not allowed to vote; not an adult Wiggler yet oops
But I can do just 5 now.
darwingrosse
Attorks wrote:
Was not allowed to vote; not an adult Wiggler yet oops
But I can do just 5 now.

Same here (with the vote) - I guess I need to stop working and get to posting!

[ddg]
Funky40
edit: shit: 5HU forum.
i miss one EG to get one voice in 5HU.
euro i could patch t two fat voices. lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2