MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Super Simple LFO for Frac?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Super Simple LFO for Frac?
haricots
Metalbox came through with the simple ADSR, so how about a standard LFO with rate, sine/sqr/triangle/saw waveforms and delay?
parasitk
http://blacet.com/LFO.html

No? When I started the ADSR thread, I was thinking of a 1 frac space companion to this lil guy. Doesn't have delay though....
Kwote
once you add the delay it's not super simple. but the micro lfo actually isn't extremely simple. just simple. i like it a lot and i have two of em.
haricots
I guess by 'super simple' I meant no rate CV and no shape knob. And not enough LFO's have the delay feature which is really handy.

$75 for an ADSR kit is a great deal!
Kwote
that's way too simple for my tastes. the psycho lfo sorta fits your criteria though.

metalbox.com
Moog$FooL$
old small thread... but close to what i'm after.

anyone know about any mods to the psycho lfo, particularly cv type mods??
Cat-A-Tonic
It is not at all simple, or small in footprint,
but the only LFO that I have seen with delay was a DIY only...
the Thomas Henry SN Super Controller. 8_)

Does anyone else have other examples of LFOs with built in delay?
nathankirchner
Delay is what exactly? The LFO gets a gate and then waits a time until the outputs starts oscillating?

Why are you asking for simple? Do you mean cheap? or do you really mean simple - as In you want a module with no knobs/adjusts?

What about fade in or fade out (again triggered with a gate)? You like the sound of that?

what about an LFO that would lock to any incoming oscillator and had a /2, /4, /8, /16 on it? So you could have a a master LFO and then a slave LFO that could run at the same speed, or half speed, etc.
panda30y
nathankirchner wrote:
Delay is what exactly? The LFO gets a gate and then waits a time until the outputs starts oscillating?

Why are you asking for simple? Do you mean cheap? or do you really mean simple - as In you want a module with no knobs/adjusts?

What about fade in or fade out (again triggered with a gate)? You like the sound of that?

what about an LFO that would lock to any incoming oscillator and had a /2, /4, /8, /16 on it? So you could have a a master LFO and then a slave LFO that could run at the same speed, or half speed, etc.

Those are some great ideas, but doesn't that mean you're more likely to make sensible music? razz

But seriously, having a divider switch built into a lfo would be awesome, i wouldn't mind seeing that.
DGTom
Delay & fade in / out are cool, but this;

nathankirchner wrote:

Would be SOOO usefull! I have 2 Blacet u-LFOs & the only 'simpler' LFO I could think of would be the shrink the features on the micro, one out w/ a switch for example, & stick 2 in a single FU.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1