MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco Rampage BOM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Befaco Rampage BOM
nevetsokyeron
Has anyone already created a BOM for the Befaco Rampage?

Mouser preferably, but a list or spreadsheet of part numbers would be fine.

Figured I should check in here before possibly duplicating a bunch of work.

Thx!
nevetsokyeron
OK then... Here's my first pass at a parts list for the Rampage V1.3

Taken from the assembly instructions. Updated as best I can on part values.
nevetsokyeron
Possible Mouser part number for the push button switches:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NKK-Switches/SB4011NOH-2C/?qs=sGAE piMZZMtFyPk3yBMYYP6h0vu6Milzc%252bbXQkIpc50%3d

EDIT:

These from Tayda are the right size and fit on the board just right.
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/pb-11d02-push-button-panel-mount-spst- no-pb-11d02-th1r00.html
nevetsokyeron
FYI - I got a full kit from Befaco for a friend and looked over the parts they include. Here's a few notes:

Chips are TL074

The Ferrites are just little tubes, with no leads. Similar to this: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=757-AB2.8X4.5DY

The 2.2n Polystyrene caps have radial leads.

The Polyester caps (470n, 47n) are the rectangular box shaped ones.

Trimmer has printed on it "67x R10k 1532 Mexico" - "BI" logo on the side

FWIW - I ordered these Polystyrene caps from Smallbear (not sure how they will fit on the board yet since they are axial):
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/polystyrene-capacitors- 100-pf-01-mf/

EDIT: Mouser part FOUND for the trimmer (with side screw):
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/BI-Technologies-TT-Electronics/67X R10KLF/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvygUB3GLcD7gknixh97sBu0wVY7P58PMw%3d
nevetsokyeron
Note - for the little Toggle and Slider knob/caps - take a look at these at smallbear:

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/colored-caps-soft-touch  /
Bamboombaps
Your work is appreciated!
nevetsokyeron
Bamboombaps wrote:
Your work is appreciated!

Polyot also did a fair bit of sourcing - wanted to copy some of what we both found and discussed in PMs to this thread for future reference.
smile
nevetsokyeron
Updated BOM spreadsheet with Mouser part numbers and notes for other harder to find items in the build.
Bamboombaps
the main problematic ones that require going to befaco and eating their crazy shipping charges are the pots
Thomedwards
Would this from Mouser work for the polystyrene cap? Looks good to me, but I'm still learning...

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/23PS222/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhdgv tLzyx9WzEnfPpP1gSEstze4MZQjMo%3d

I'm looking at the great xls posted above, and I'm trying to reduce the number of suppliers needed. Shipping costs are no fun...
speedmaster
My openoffice says that the file is corrupted. Can u try to upload it in other version?.
lot of thx for ur work !
polyot
Thomedwards wrote:
Would this from Mouser work for the polystyrene cap? Looks good to me, but I'm still learning...

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/23PS222/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhdgv tLzyx9WzEnfPpP1gSEstze4MZQjMo%3d

I'm looking at the great xls posted above, and I'm trying to reduce the number of suppliers needed. Shipping costs are no fun...

That looks correct to me. But maybe someone with a better eye can chime in. The one I got from Small Bear was 50V 5% tolerance as well.
GryphonP3
Xicon styrene from mouser will work great.
Thomedwards
speedmaster wrote:
My openoffice says that the file is corrupted. Can u try to upload it in other version?.
lot of thx for ur work !

Here's the file as a csv. Actually had to save it with a txt extension due to the forum restrictions, but that's a simple fix to change the extension. That should do the trick
speedmaster
yeah !!! lots of thx !!!
TimoRozendal
it seems you miss the smd parts:
2 x BCM847DS and 2x BCM857DS in sot 457
nevetsokyeron
TimoRozendal wrote:
it seems you miss the smd parts:
2 x BCM847DS and 2x BCM857DS in sot 457

The PCB I got from ModularAddict had the SMD chips already installed. I assumed all the Rampage PCBs came that way.
PWM
Building a rampage atm. When sourcing parts be careful with selecting the polyestirene caps (C15 and C16) the ones that came with my complete kit from Thonk are to high, now the PCBs don't fit on eachother..
The height of the spacers is 13mm, more or less. So the caps should be smaller.
polyot
PWM wrote:
Building a rampage atm. When sourcing parts be careful with selecting the polyestirene caps (C15 and C16) the ones that came with my complete kit from Thonk are to high, now the PCBs don't fit on eachother..

If they came with the kit they should work, no? Can't you just bend them downward some? As I recall there's a little room around them to do that. Granted I sourced mine myself.
PWM
polyot wrote:
PWM wrote:

If they came with the kit they should work, no? Can't you just bend them downward some? As I recall there's a little room around them to do that. Granted I sourced mine myself.

I could bend them in if I didn't solder them in so thight to the PCB. D:
Hovercraft
PWM wrote:

Had the same exact problem with my Rampage kit. The circles on the pcb indicate vertical mounting for the poly caps, but the boards don't fit together because the caps are too big. I ended up ordering some spacers with long pins for the headers--that worked fine, although I had to order them from China.
PWM
Hovercraft wrote:
PWM wrote:

Had the same exact problem with my Rampage kit. The circles on the pcb indicate vertical mounting for the poly caps, but the boards don't fit together because the caps are too big. I ended up ordering some spacers with long pins for the headers--that worked fine, although I had to order them from China.

This is an option. I think I'm going to remove the caps and mount them on the other side though..
Hovercraft
PWM wrote:

This is an option. I think I'm going to remove the caps and mount them on the other side though..

Kudos to you if you can remove the caps and get them back in the board. I can get components out and usually clear the holes, but the leads are usually too messed up to reuse.
polyot
PWM wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
PWM wrote:

Shoot that's a good idea. One of the transistors on my panel PCB ended up getting bent inwards, touching a couple of the leads together. going to have to figure out how I can maneuver that out of the way of whatever bent it. Very tight PCB sandwich.
PWM
polyot, I was quite surprised by this 'thight PCB sandwich' I assumed the component side of the main PCB was meant to be facing outwards, not inwards.. Almost soldered the heaters the wrong way around. screaming goo yo

Hovercraft, the trick is to set the temperature of your iron quite hot when desoldering with desoldering braid. Mine is around 480 C. I like it quick and hot! grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2