MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco Joystick
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Befaco Joystick
ZZ Ardoz
I just got to the end of building the Befaco Joystick to find that the panel holes for the joystick mount don't match the holes for the joystick unit itself

Just off by a fraction of a gnat hair

Anyone else have this issue?
SmartBits
No, they fitted mine perfectly. But is this the newer version with black panel or the older one? I have this one:

ZZ Ardoz
This is the new one that just came out wit the black panel - holes are just slightly off, but enough that it prevented getting all the screws in
SmartBits
Have you contacted Befaco? Maybe the panels are not correct, it's a new version so something might have gone wrong there. I'm interested in building this one as well, so would be nice to know.
ZZ Ardoz
I have. No reply to 2 emails.

Maybe its summer holidays there?
ZZ Ardoz
SmartBits wrote:
Have you contacted Befaco? Maybe the panels are not correct, it's a new version so something might have gone wrong there. I'm interested in building this one as well, so would be nice to know.

Just heard back from Modular Addict, who heard back from Befaco, they say the joystick holes are indeed not positioned correctly, but you can force the screws through. I tried for an hour to force the screws through, and failed.

very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
TechForze
I completed this, and used a little bit more pressure on the longer mounting screws. So no problems here. You could try to add a little bit of vasaline or silicone gel.
ZZ Ardoz
TechForze wrote:
I completed this, and used a little bit more pressure on the longer mounting screws. So no problems here. You could try to add a little bit of vasaline or silicone gel.

Unfortunately, they forgot to include the mounting screws as well. The ones I had weren't flexible enough to fit at 45 degree angles. The holes are far enough off that even expanding them didn't make the four holes on the joystick appear entirely under them.
lasesentaysiete
I know the Befaco guys, and I'm sure they'll correct this mistake. Cannot comment specifically about the lack of feedback on their part, but they're not dodgy. Sometimes things move way more slowly in Spain than other parts of the world. And like you said, maybe August break has started for them already (not an excuse, just saying).
ZZ Ardoz
lasesentaysiete wrote:
I know the Befaco guys, and I'm sure they'll correct this mistake. Cannot comment specifically about the lack of feedback on their part, but they're not dodgy. Sometimes things move way more slowly in Spain that other parts of the world. And like you said, maybe August break has started for them already (not an excuse, just saying).

I have no doubt at all that they will. They've been great with everything else. I'm sure they will get back to me soon enough. Loads to do until then!
lasesentaysiete
If you get impatient, or if nothing happens, PM me. I make regular appearances at their HQ.
ZZ Ardoz
lasesentaysiete wrote:
If you get impatient, or if nothing happens, PM me. I make regular appearances at their HQ.

Thanks so much!! On a side note, best city in the world!
lasesentaysiete
Quote:
best city in the world
eek!
ZZ Ardoz
lasesentaysiete wrote:
Quote:
best city in the world
eek!

You don't like Barcelona?
lasesentaysiete
Quote:
You don't like Barcelona?

of course I do! hihi
But does it like me???? sad banana

ok, enough off topic!
Timmy
Apart from the mounting holes issue, how is the joystick and the rest of the module?
n167tx
I have the black new version and i love it.
Joystick is really robust.
https://www.befaco.org/en/joystick-2/
Timmy
n167tx wrote:

Ok, thanks!

Is the joystick spring-loaded and self-centring? Being a gaming joystick, I imagine that it is?
TechForze
Timmy wrote:
n167tx wrote:

Ok, thanks!

Is the joystick spring-loaded and self-centring? Being a gaming joystick, I imagine that it is?

Yes, spring loaded!
southphillysynths
Been thinking of building this, can you disable the spring?
n167tx
yes, you can disable the springs.
Its one for X and one for Y. you can only disable one if you want.
ZZ Ardoz
Timmy wrote:
Apart from the mounting holes issue, how is the joystick and the rest of the module?
Once I managed to drill new holes so I could mount it, I am very pleased with it - solid feeling - not Atari 2600 stiff, but enough resistance to make it feel just right.

The two gate buttons are a nice touch as well
Timmy
OK, I'm sold. Will order a pair. And free international shipping - nice! Hopefully the panel holes have been corrected. If not, well, I have access to a drill press.
teknobryan
does anyone know how to disable the spring in the joystick? I have one but I want it to act more like the Intellijel joystick.
wackelpeter
Should be no problem to disable the springs. It's a simple mechanical thing for which you have to open the housing of the joystick.
But i would keep the springs save, because sometime you may want to add them back.

I have a Joystick from an old camera Control Keyboard, really heavy and 3 axis (third in the knob) which is to heavy to use in a Standing case as it always drops down due to it's weight and when performing you must hold it when you want it to be longer in a specific position other than downwards.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2