MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mattson 5u Envelope Video ~ WHO?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Mattson 5u Envelope Video ~ WHO?
ritchiedrums

SlayerBadger! Also posted another video with this module over on the MATTSON discussion.......... Guinness ftw!
JohnLRice
Nice. The chicken head knob job looks good too! applause

That repeat functionality is pretty sweet, yes?! thumbs up
ritchiedrums
Love the repeat - Probably going to build another one soon! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Just me
So, did you just buy the board and wire harness and build your own face plate? What are the voltage requirements of that EG?
russma
Cool!

Slight tangent: I was interested in the Mattson LFO, because it has a "skew" knob. Do any other LFO's have a skew knob? I gotta have a skew knob.

What's a skew knob?

hmmm.....
ritchiedrums
Just me wrote:
So, did you just buy the board and wire harness and build your own face plate? What are the voltage requirements of that EG?
George actually built this one to show us how easy it is to use his boards in other formats. I convinced him to sell this Complete module to me twisted I will be building a filter once the panel gets here. All of the details are at www.mattsonminimodular.com. If you click on the individual module in the STORE all of the details pop-up...........
ritchiedrums
idiotboy wrote:
Cool!

What's a skew knob?

hmmm.....
I can't find a video or audio example, but it looks cool: http://mmm.sevcom.com/wiki/index.php/Dual_Low_Frequency_Oscillator
russma
I might have to work one of them into a 5U module and figure it out.

Guinness ftw!
mmm
Just me wrote:

IDK, the Ravenous bugblatter beast of Traal is easy to deal with if you just don't see it. You can easily escape by wrapping your towel around your head. (You SHOULD have one) Oh, and eat some peanuts.

Yeah, I grok stranger, drink some water. thumbs up

He bought my "demo" DIY 5U setup that I made to show that it doesn't matter what you do to the panel, The EG is still and EG. It's the same one that John Rice had for a short period and made some vids of.

Voltage. For the EG, +15 or 12. Your choice. The overall transient amplitude is a bit less at 12V.

But, there's a 6 Pin 0.100" pitch polarized MOTM compatible header and a 4 Pin 0.156" pitch polarized header (like Blacets) on the board. Either one can be used or, use the other header as a power connector adapter.

Mattson Mini Modular
mmm
idiotboy wrote:
Cool!

Slight tangent: I was interested in the Mattson LFO, because it has a "skew" knob. Do any other LFO's have a skew knob? I gotta have a skew knob.

What's a skew knob?

hmmm.....

It changes the duty cycle of the square from (far left) 6% positive pulse, through square (50%) and far right to 93% positive pulse duty cycle.

The Triangle goes from saw, through triangle to inverted saw. I think. I don't remember if saw teeth are right or left handed. So, from one to the other smile seriously, i just don't get it

I think I called it symmetry on the regular LFO. But, I had to squeeze stuff down for the VC LFO panel.

BTW Russ, Scott finished that GIF ad. Tnx for the offer.

Mattson Mini Modular
megaohm
idiotboy wrote:

Do any other LFO's have a skew knob?

Yes:

russma
mmm wrote:
...BTW Russ, Scott finished that GIF ad. Tnx for the offer...

Oy. Yeah, I got right to work on that project, didn't I??

Dead Banana

Glad it's done anyway. oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1