MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KYMA examples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author KYMA examples
scott_free
Roland Kuit wrote:
Hi Scott_free,

The Paca will run these examples you mentioned.
However, I do hit the ceiling of the Pacarana occasionally.
The extra ram, peripatitis mentioned, will come in handy.

Thank you, Roland. I very much appreciate the quick response, not to mention the many interesting examples. Nice!
Roland Kuit
Creating a storm carrying a composers name.

The counter point seeds from "The Well-Tempered Clavier", nr. 6, 9 and 10.
3D Granular morphed into a storm:

Roland Kuit
scott_free wrote:
Roland Kuit wrote:
Hi Scott_free,

The Paca will run these examples you mentioned.
However, I do hit the ceiling of the Pacarana occasionally.
The extra ram, peripatitis mentioned, will come in handy.

Thank you, Roland. I very much appreciate the quick response, not to mention the many interesting examples. Nice!

By hitting the ceiling, I'm talking sample length, not bigger sounds(patches).
Roland Kuit
Cross Filtering:
A randomized WTC 9 Bach Seed as impulse response for prepared piano sounds:

Roland Kuit
The elasticity of Bach's Seed, or, extreme power stretching:

Nelson Baboon
this is great that you are providing all of these examples. They are partly responsible for me really getting back into using Kyma after years of just using it very superficially.

Would you mind relating what sounds you used for this patch (or even providing the kyma sounds)?

Roland Kuit wrote:
The elasticity of Bach's Seed or, extreme power stretching:

Roland Kuit
This one isn't difficult.
In the Cloud TimeIndex field you can put your wanted time behind the !Stretch *
Fun is to put an other wav into Cloud 2. Both are having the same seed here:

Nelson Baboon
Roland Kuit wrote:
This one isn't difficult.
In the Cloud TimeIndex field you can put your wanted time behind the !Stretch *
Fun is to put an other wav into Cloud 2. Both are having the same seed here:

Cool! I will have to try this. (edit - removed my jibberish) - i've done similar things with one cloud, sometimes modulating the value in the repeatingFullRamp in other ways, but I've never tried multiple clouds with the same seed value. Will have to try that tonight or tomorrow.
Roland Kuit
Sorry, same wav seeds. Different Cloud seeds.
Nelson Baboon
Roland Kuit wrote:
Sorry, same wav seeds. Different Cloud seeds.

ah. got it
Roland Kuit
A last example with one of the Bach seeds.
In this case the seed is modulated by a modulo and all is copied 40 times to create a special kind of noise. This noise is masked in a stochastic way:

Nelson Baboon
Roland Kuit wrote:
A last example with one of the Bach seeds.
In this case the seed is modulated by a modulo and all is copied 40 times to create a special kind of noise. This noise is masked in a stochastic way:

will listen later after work. I'd love it if you provided at least screen shots of the kyma sounds you're using. (but I'd understand if not)
gosh
Indeed, thanks Roland. I'm loving my Kyma so far.
Nelson there are screenshots in the YouTube videos.
I'd really be interested to hear the source sound alone...
Fantastic stuff!
Nelson Baboon
gosh wrote:
Indeed, thanks Roland. I'm loving my Kyma so far.
Nelson there are screenshots in the YouTube videos.
I'd really be interested to hear the source sound alone...
Fantastic stuff!

ah. ok. Thanks.
Roland Kuit
As most of you know, my music is into space on board of NASA mission OSIRIS-REx towards the astroïd Bennu. The rocket that was used to launch this mission was the ATLAS V. My homage to this rocket was played at the Concertzender broadcast Electronic Frequencies. I have put the work here for a free download:

ATLAS V ripples in SPACE
Roland Kuit - Kyma

Happy Holidays
Roland Kuit
Spectral delay Yes & No Play:

gosh
Time for me to start contributing to some examples. Here is some morphing of samples from a Deckards Dream and a drum-beat, using a wacom tablet. Nothing special but my word this is fun to do.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/unconventionalwires/ddream-and-beats-filterc loud-morph-live[/s]

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com  /tracks/366853952&amp;color=%23ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_re lated=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts =false&amp;show_teaser=true&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

https://soundcloud.com/unconventionalwires/ddream-and-beats-filterclou d-morph-live
gosh
What's the correct way to embed soundcloud? I tried 3 ways above and only the straight pasting web-address seems to work.
Nelson Baboon
gosh wrote:
What's the correct way to embed soundcloud? I tried 3 ways above and only the straight pasting web-address seems to work.

the only way that currently works, afaik, is the [s] [/s] method, which you get by using the soundcloud button above. But it is inconsistent. I've given up trying to use it because some tracks will embed, but most don't.

maybe they will fix it one day.
Roland Kuit
Tasty example b.t.w. smile

[s]https://soundcloud.com/unconventionalwires/ddream-and-beats-filterc loud-morph-live[/s]

Edit: I think it's a SC thing.
Roland Kuit
Creating a thick bass sequencer sound is fun:

And having a spectral seed from this and resynthesized with Xen modulation is even more fun!

gosh
Roland Kuit wrote:
Tasty example b.t.w. smile

Thanks Roland.
Here is another example, this time of a multicycle wavetable synth. Again, nothing particularly clever going on here but using the wacom pen is so very expressive with the many motions that can be assigned. Seriously fun. Kyma is definitely making me think differently about how performance can take place already. A year ago I couldn't have imagined performing with just a wacom tablet but Kyma makes this very possible.

https://soundcloud.com/unconventionalwires/penpressuremulticycle-synth -live

[s]https://soundcloud.com/unconventionalwires/penpressuremulticycle-sy nth-live[/s]
Roland Kuit
Wonderful sound!
And this kind of expression challenge you to perform different.
I like that.

Thinking about the future, as the Paca and Pacarana speaking FireWire and Windows 10, I got myself a new laptop. This with a TBT3 adapter to Mac FireWire to Thunderbolt connector. No difficulties on this path.

Roland Kuit
Some simple examples: Random Walks.
Creating stuff like Sample & Hold thing with Noise as input.

A 3D Random Walk on the frequency of an oscillator:

Roland Kuit
We have experienced the use of seeds in this thread, but not in the use to pause things. Here a seed is pausing the 3D Random Walk modulation:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8