MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Stroh Modular Stereo Pulse VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author New Stroh Modular Stereo Pulse VCO
synthcube
courtesy of j3rk, the Stereo Pulse VCO is now available as a panel/pcb bundle and a full kit :

http://synthcube.com/cart/stroh-modular-stereo-pulse-vco-frac

assembled units coming soon

the BOM and schematic documents are available on the product page when you are logged in to the store...

thanks dustin! we're not worthy

enjoy.
KoryB
Hey!
What's this VCO sound like?!!?
thee ghost ov n_phay
KoryB wrote:
What's this VCO sound like?!!?

I accidentally bought two of these recently, from Synthcube, Accidentally because I only meant to order one, but fucked up the order process somehow (my fault). They are very nice VCOs, the waves sound pleasing, especially the triangle wave, and the sync sounds great, really rich and strong. I'm glad I did get 2 of them.

They are a tricky build, and I think not for beginners, quite a lot of panel wiring to do, and a bit of inter-board wiring too. As supplied, they came with the trimmers to set the scaling as the type with the set screw on top, and these trimmers go on the VCO core board, which is sandwiched between the waveshaper board and the panel, so you can't set them without taking the 2 boards apart, and power comes in onthe other board, so... I'm going to replace these with trimers with the screw on the end. Probably possible to build it with the core board on the outside, but then the trimmers to set the waveshapes up correctly would be inaccessible.

The VCO is a bit quirky (which is OK, there are plenty of non-quirky VCOs out there) - There is only a linear FM input, not an expo one, also there is only a coarse tune knob, which is VERY wide-ranging, so it's tricky to tune them in accurately. I might see if a compact multiturn pot is available to replace the standard tuning pot, otherwise I might designe as Blacetesque panel in Front Panel Designer and repanel them. They are both Keepers, they sound so nice. The dual PWM outputs thing is unusual too, haven't quite got a handle on using this yet, I''m still experimenting with it.

Kit packaging by Synthcube was v good, made it easier to build.

Reccomend these, if you're an experienced DIY-er, and am looking forward to more of Dustin's designs making it to this delightful, but misfitish format.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1