MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Deluge sampler+synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Deluge sampler+synth
brandonlogic
just placed my order, cant want to get it and dive in. i cant believe this machine isnt more popular. so excited to get it!! It's peanut butter jelly time!
SPIKE the Percussionist
as i keep studying this noiz weapon it keeps becoming more and more of an OT8 killer...

when it first arrived i delved into the synthesis, creating kits and patterns.

i finally started going through the manual page by page digging in to all of it's features and discovered the conditional trigs!

GREAT for variances in rhythm structures and bass lines!

still trying to get a better grasp on some of the features of Arranger mode.
(like the use of "white LED" patterns)
defalut
brandonlogic wrote:
just placed my order, cant want to get it and dive in. i cant believe this machine isnt more popular. so excited to get it!! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Nice!
It IS actually quite popular, it just haven´t been released with a massive marketing campaign so it´s been under the radar for the big crowd. And since it has only been sold out of the New Zealand HQ and only in batches that run out fast, i think a lot of people lose interest.

Glad you took the leap, it´s totally worth it. smile I´ve had mine for little over a year now and it´s the best studio companion one can have.
Struggle
Recently found one locally on Craigslist. I was amazed how easy this thing is to program right out of the box. It’s also fun to learn and doesn’t feel like such a chore. I’m really stoked on this thing!
Shrigg
gringostar wrote:
Looking at samplers and I wanted to know how this handles the old trick of sampling something and then pitching down 3 octaves. Is it pristine like in kontact or does it color the sound a bit like with older boxes?

I'd like to know this too... Anyone?
snakejaw
Does anyone know if its possible to export patterns created on the Deluge into your DAW? For example, could I create a drum pattern in Deluge and then transfer the created Midi notes to a sequence in Ableton? I'd love to be able to jam on the Deluge and integrate the results into my computer.
chvad
Shrigg wrote:
gringostar wrote:
Looking at samplers and I wanted to know how this handles the old trick of sampling something and then pitching down 3 octaves. Is it pristine like in kontact or does it color the sound a bit like with older boxes?

I'd like to know this too... Anyone?

You have options... when looping you can time stretch stuff or just straight up pitch stuff. When pitching also transposing or chromatically I don't think the samples go complete grit like on an older Akai (which i like) but I wouldn't call it transparent either. It's got a character but its somewhere in between being ripped up and glossy. Not sure if that helps or not!
22tape
Aaaaand now it'll have live-looping we're not worthy

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2076/newsletter-april-2019

And Qwerty entry on pads, and USB host functionality, and...

Seriously. This thing. Rohan is a machine.
chvad
USB host functionality is THE BOMB. So happy they implemented that. Synthstrom support and progressive development are unparalleled. Feature upon feature added without any additional cost. Just amazing.
22tape
chvad wrote:
Synthstrom support and progressive development are unparalleled. Feature upon feature added without any additional cost. Just amazing.

Indeed.

Crazy that a full-fledged arranger, multisampling, live looper and USB host, amongst a ton of other things, have been implemented within three rather short update cycles. And all of this functionality wasn't even mentioned as a possibility when I bought it. Each update saves me more money love

Oh and a wavetable synth engine is coming!

For me, the best groovebox/workstation in history.

And yet, there's only two new posts about it in one of the busiest gear forums around. No love! lol

Let go of the screen addiction and support this beautiful instrument! Rockin' Banana!
chvad
wavetable? I had no idea! that is AWESOME.
tenembre
Meh. It's got a ton of functionality, but my actual experience of using it was...underwhelming. Jack of all trades, master of none. It also crashed on me in the middle of a live show.

Basically, it was Fruity Loops in a box.
22tape
What I meant to say was-- it's a functional a piece of shit. I don't know why I have it. And Fruit Loops is my favorite cereal.
tenembre
22tape wrote:
What I meant to say was-- it's a functional a piece of shit. I don't know why I have it.

Ok, that made me laugh. Thanks.

If you're digging it, feel free to ignore my experience. You probably already are.
chvad
It's interface is worth learning IMO. I got it to use primarily as a polyphonic hardware sampler... which is in short supply. To that end... I've ended up using for a lot more than that. Bummer you had crashes at shows. I've had opposite experiences live. I'm surprised that it hasn't crashed as I've pumped it full of CC data streams and it's always been rock solid live. So much so I'm trying to get the majority of the electronics on our shows on this to ease up the gear load. Jack of all trades perhaps...but that's exactly why I got it. I keep the "masters" at home. lol. Nice heavy gear is a pain in the ass to move around.
tenembre
I used to haul an SVT and an 8x10 cab to shows. So I don't see an Octatrack and a couple of synths (or an MPC, if I needed polyphony) as being a significant increase in burden vs. a Deluge (unless I'm getting on a plane). YMMV. If a Deluge is saving you having to bring a rack sampler or a laptop+interface I can see the practical benefit. That's aside from the experience of using the Deluge to compose music and play it back live in a creative way, which I found lacking and reminded me far too much of Fruity Loops. But it sounds like you're controlling it externally (pumping in CCs), which I was not.
chvad
no composing or sequencing no. i am dragging an amp, guitar, fx and percussive stuff around in addition to the electronics so size and load in time matter a lot to me. ive also been playing a long while, not exactly young and have a herniated disc so weight is always on my mind when traveling with gear. we get nice shows on occasion but never roadies lol. also lugging shit around NYC subways sucks. It's all size and weight for me.
22tape
I don't get the Fruity Loops comparison. It feels like an insult from 1998, but Fruity Loops is actually an extremely powerful DAW Dead Banana
Branko
The only complaint I have is that the synth presets it comes with sound kinda shitty. I need to sit down and prepare a proper card with presets that work for me.
tenembre
22tape wrote:
I don't get the Fruity Loops comparison. It feels like an insult from 1998, but Fruity Loops is actually an extremely powerful DAW Dead Banana

FL Studio is an extremely powerful DAW, but I don't think the Deluge is quite there (or should be; it's not a DAW). More to the point, "Fruity Loops" is funnier to say and I grant my opinions artistic license. My insults, if or when I choose to use them, tend to be direct and sealed for freshness. Enjoy your afternoon in whatever decade you prefer.
WilDFire
So I disagree that the synth presets sound shitty - many are lovely. The bass ones? Yeah, not the best, but the pads are luscious.

I sold my cirklon after getting this and have never looked back.

It is SO immediate and musical.

Sampling is so simple and usable.

AND it is a KILLER midi hub for the studio. Don't like your internal synth patch? Touch one button and send it to your Peak.

Constant updates.

Very reasonable price.

Internal battery.

CV.

My ONE quibble is that there is only one midi out. I have more than 16 midi targets, so that is the only thing that is a bummer.

And yet, if I can't make music with 16 instruments plus what's in the Deluge, that is squarely on me.
Koryo
tenembre wrote:
Jack of all trades, master of none. It also crashed on me in the middle of a live show.

Fruity Loops huh? Portable, instant on, FL in a box, yeah, sign me up.

Couldn't be more opposite in my opinion. I use it to sequence and modulate eurorack, never crashes, boots up instantly, sampler, synth, portable, and for that, it is king.
tenembre
Koryo wrote:
tenembre wrote:
Jack of all trades, master of none. It also crashed on me in the middle of a live show.

Fruity Loops huh? Portable, instant on, FL in a box, yeah, sign me up.

Couldn't be more opposite in my opinion. I use it to sequence and modulate eurorack, never crashes, boots up instantly, sampler, synth, portable, and for that, it is king.

You know, when people have to jump in nearly a month after a mild criticism of something to heap praise on it and crown it "king", there may be some fanboyism going on.
behndy
lol. mebbe. orrrrrr some of us only check threads once in awhile?

i love the Deluge. been solid as butts, never crashed, like Koryo Home Boy i use it to sequence Euro loots, sample and synth a bit. i've taken it on every trip i've done since i got it and it's a beauty to plink ideas out on.
mcpepe
I also LOVE mine. It's easy to use and very well featured. Portability is really a plus. Being able to work elsewhere anytime is marvellous.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 13 of 14