MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fusion VCO and Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Fusion VCO and Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble!
Girts23
Dear clleagues! We were working hard to make the new Fusion modules outstanding. And I think, we did it. Check demo of soon to be released Fusion Drone System! Main modules Fusion VCO, Fusion Delay are available now!

Both modules are configurable to work with standard eurorack PSU, and power consumption is reasonable.

Fusion VCO is absolutely new Erica Synth Fusion line module which fuses good tuning of digital VCO with warm, unique sound of vacuum tubes that work in suboscillator circuit. Two double triodes in bistable latch connection act as suboscillators: -1 and -2 octaves with plenty of mixing opportunities for amazing sonic results. External audio signal can replace internal VCO. It’s exactly what you need, if you wish to go really low frequencies and have a sound that sets your modular system apart from mass!
More details:Fusion VCO

Erica Synths Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble module is distinct multifunctional analogue effects module that combines BBD chip based effects with an adjustable tube overdrive in the delay output and feedback path for extra thickness of sound. For more flexibility, lowpass filtering is fully adjustable from none to extreme. Special feature, not found in eurorack, is Vintage Stereo Ensemble – effect that’s common on vintage synthesizers to create moving and thick spatial sound from a monaural tone generator, be it VCO, FM, DCO or any other kind. Such spatial effect is achieved by mixing dry source with delayed and lowpass filtered out of phase signal.
More details: Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble
wader8er
yes! You did it, even better than I'd hoped! Congrats! So excited to put that delay in my rig.
maltemark
The demo is an whole album in itself. Nice tones!
ben_hex
The new fusion modules look ace!
The Illuminaire
I'm looking forward to adding both to my Fusion-dedicated skiff! SlayerBadger!
MindMachine
Krell Machine. More awesome from Erica. Guinness ftw!
AMHOWL
The demo is amazing! Just beautiful drones. Well...looks like I need a whole fusion system now...
kodek
Fusion VCO demo is now up!

w00t
Khyber Pass
Wow, that's a sweet VCO, those are some nice sounds. woah
Ya-Neck
Crazy VCO! love how the camera is shaking to low frequecies SlayerBadger!
dani
oh, a very interesting Oszillator, I like the fact, that you can use external sources (I'm thinking of complex oszillators or other material that waits for wave-shaping action..)
mdoudoroff
Intriguing demo. This delay/flanger module seems to pack a lot of value into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2-Pdhyj1E

Edit: I’m a little bemused how little CV is provided for, given how interesting things sound when modulating overdrive, feedback, etc.
MindMachine
mdoudoroff wrote:
Intriguing demo.

Edit: I’m a little bemused how little CV is provided for, given how interesting things sound when modulating overdrive, feedback, etc.

Yeah - it's more just like a beautiful sounding pedal in Euro. I like some simple devices like this in modular at the end.

For a really cv intensive delay, see their Black Hole DSP.

http://ericasynths.lv/en/shop/eurorack-modules/by-series/black-series/ black-hole-dsp/

I mean between these two modules... holy crap.
???
Any update on the Fusion Drone System?
uniquepersonno2
Any update on when the new fusion vca/filter are coming out? After trying them out at namm I'm very excited to see them in the wild!
neonmercury1
can anyone post personal experience with the VCO? it looks incredible also is there an upcoming version with an integrated 6v power supply?
uniquepersonno2
neonmercury1 wrote:
can anyone post personal experience with the VCO? it looks incredible also is there an upcoming version with an integrated 6v power supply?

I have the VCO. I'm not sure what you mean by 6v supply but all you need is a normal power supply (I run mine off a doepfer PSU2), nothing special.

It's very cool. I'm hopefully going to be posting a video demo overviewing its features soon, but it's definitely a cool module. It sounds very smooth, especially with some sort of analog VCO feeding it. The mix controls are nice and the FM sounds great. I've also used it to add subharmonics to kick drums which sounded cool. There's definitely a lot of awesome things you can do with it and for a fat oscillator you'd have a hard time finding better. The 3 octave range you get with it makes for pretty huge sounds.

If there's anything specific you're wondering about or want to hear let me know, I can always test specific things for you.

edit: now looking through the user manual, you don't need the Tube Heater PSU to power the current version, just a PSU with enough juice to provide +250ma, -185ma to it.
NoLegs
neonmercury1 wrote:

I ordered mine today against my wallets better judgement. I'll record some demos once it gets here.
neonmercury1
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
neonmercury1 wrote:

I have the VCO. I'm not sure what you mean by 6v supply but all you need is a normal power supply (I run mine off a doepfer PSU2), nothing special.

It's very cool. I'm hopefully going to be posting a video demo overviewing its features soon, but it's definitely a cool module. It sounds very smooth, especially with some sort of analog VCO feeding it. The mix controls are nice and the FM sounds great. I've also used it to add subharmonics to kick drums which sounded cool. There's definitely a lot of awesome things you can do with it and for a fat oscillator you'd have a hard time finding better. The 3 octave range you get with it makes for pretty huge sounds.

If there's anything specific you're wondering about or want to hear let me know, I can always test specific things for you.

edit: now looking through the user manual, you don't need the Tube Heater PSU to power the current version, just a PSU with enough juice to provide +250ma, -185ma to it.

I guess i was more just polling the crowd. to me this seems like a really incredible sounding oscillator but there is very little about it online outside of the erica demos so i figured i would ask. the reason i ask was because perfect circuit has them on super sale and im gassing hard. in fact i just gave in and got one... i should sell my spectrum of z3000 to fund it but i think it will yeld that "fat" sound.

i wonder if these are on sale because they are the old version, i ordered the tube heater just in case i figured i can return it if it is unneeded

i would love to see any demos and i guess i should post some when my ship comes in
uniquepersonno2
neonmercury1 wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
neonmercury1 wrote:

I guess i was more just polling the crowd. to me this seems like a really incredible sounding oscillator but there is very little about it online outside of the erica demos so i figured i would ask. the reason i ask was because perfect circuit has them on super sale and im gassing hard. in fact i just gave in and got one... i should sell my spectrum of z3000 to fund it but i think it will yeld that "fat" sound.

i wonder if these are on sale because they are the old version, i ordered the tube heater just in case i figured i can return it if it is unneeded

i would love to see any demos and i guess i should post some when my ship comes in

I'd say definitely a good choice. I (think) the ones at perfect circuit are the new ones so you should be good. I doubt you'll be disappointed, I love mine, use it all the time.
NoLegs
Hey, the ones at perfect circuit are the v1 that require the tube heater. I asked a few weeks ago when they went on sale. It's good you picked up the tube heater. It's actually not a bad thing because you can pick up some of the v1's used for a good price I'm sure - like the original Fusion VCF, which is a band pass vs the v2 which is a LPF.
uniquepersonno2
NoLegs wrote:
Hey, the ones at perfect circuit are the v1 that require the tube heater. I asked a few weeks ago when they went on sale. It's good you picked up the tube heater. It's actually not a bad thing because you can pick up some of the v1's used for a good price I'm sure - like the original Fusion VCF, which is a band pass vs the v2 which is a LPF.

Glad I didn't buy mine from there then... It's peanut butter jelly time!
witchbutter
I have all the parts except the vco and the vcf (waiting for v2) and I can say that delay has a beautiful warm sound that adds very nicely to drums and 303 type sounds. My only gripes with the delay is that it seems like it does not need 20hp at all, really wish it had 2 boards and fit in 12 to 14 and I really really wish I could insert into the feedback path with a filter, I bet it would sound amazing. I have made some effective drones with a Waldorf nw1 as the main vco and an ajh transistor ladder filter as the filter. The price seems a bit high for the vco considering it is only really good for bass or slow wavetable type changes.
neonmercury1
NoLegs wrote:

ok cool, i figured there was a reason that they were on double sale (added 10% for 'Merica day)... is the only thing that changed the lack of need for the 6v psu? or are there other features? i had asked girts on the 'gram about there being a second version he said it wasnt gonna happen. this was about a month and a half ago.
NoLegs
neonmercury1 wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

ok cool, i figured there was a reason that they were on double sale (added 10% for 'Merica day)... is the only thing that changed the lack of need for the 6v psu? or are there other features? i had asked girts on the 'gram about there being a second version he said it wasnt gonna happen. this was about a month and a half ago.

Hey - as far as I can tell they are identical, just that one requires the 6v heater, and the other doesn't (but can still use it if you want). If you look at the faceplate they look identical, and from reviewing the manual I don't see any difference.

It's not like the new VCF or VCA which are different from the originals in other ways.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2