MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How much resistor change affects LED?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author How much resistor change affects LED?
terjewinther
If I think the LEDs in one module is somewhat too bright, can I just change the resistor driving the LED without any problems?
The module in question is the Little-LFO, originally with a 1k8 resistor. I did not use the standard LED for this module, and even though I have changed the resistor up to 3k8, it is still too bright for me. May I just continue to increase the resistor until it suits me? What happens if I put in a 100k resistor?
The module is working perfectly in all other aspects.
Synthbuilder
terjewinther wrote:
May I just continue to increase the resistor until it suits me?

Yes.

A lot of the newer LEDs can be much brighter than the older types. This especially applies to the blue and white ones you get these days. So just try a range of different values until you get a the desired effect.

100K is probably too high but I think I've used 33K on some blue ones.

Tony
terjewinther
Thanks!
I ended up with a 10k resistor. Used the old trick of putting in a trimmer, and adjusting until it was more or less like the LEDs in the other modules. Then desoldered the trimmer and tested, and it was close to 10k, so that worked for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1