MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Better Photo's of builds/circuit boards
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Better Photo's of builds/circuit boards
Analog>Plugins
I'm having a bit of trouble with my builds (currently the COTA Filter 2U), it can get a bit confusing with Grounds and NC Lugs etc.... I am by no way an electrician so it would really help myself and others if we had a few close up pics of the circuit boards built.

I use the one pic of the build bards that is on the Oakley Site but it is so low res as to be not that helpful. Could you give the site owner a friendly hint to maybe make a few pics so as to help us not very skilled builders?
Analog>Plugins
It's more abut the wiring of the pots and sockets smile
Synthbuilder
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Could you give the site owner a friendly hint to maybe make a few pics so as to help us not very skilled builders?

That'll be me. But there are no plans to include bigger pictures of the extended versions of the modules. The prototype VCF modules I make are always the 1U filter core modules so I don't have any of the wider modules to take pictures of.

If people do have any useful photo's then please upload them to the forum.

Tony
Analog>Plugins
Even just 3 pic's of medium resolution i.e 1024 x 768 of the pcb. the wiring of pots and overall pic of pots and pcb all wired up would be extremely helpful to nooby's like myself.

Even just the 1U version would be a great help, like the old saying goes....a picture paints a thousand words.
Synthbuilder
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Even just the 1U version would be a great help, like the old saying goes....a picture paints a thousand words.

Totally agree and all the newer modules now have photos in the builder's guide and I hope to continue this.

All new modules are moving over to pot and standardised socket boards - this does make the wiring a lot easier for those building the standard module formats. Although, I appreciate this doesn't help you building your COTA.

Unfortunately, I only have a slightly bigger picture of the COTA than that one on the site. But if you E-mail me I can send you it.

Tony
Analog>Plugins
Cheers Tony that would help a lot.

I have to say that this Cota Filter is turning out to be the nicest low pass I have used. Beats plugins any day, really softens harsh digital sounds just by running through it.

Sound to noise ratio is off the scale i.e better than -90db. Really impressed with these modules and I have a lot of mono synths to compare them to, Pro 1, Arp Odyssey, Yamaha CS-30, Chroma etc...

I might have to sell one of the mono's to pay for more modules.

Email sent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1