MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ring mod options
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Ring mod options
construct09
Hello

I don't have a ringmod in my bugbrand banana frac system, the bug ringmod is near impossible to find so I guess I,ll have to source a DIY solution
Klangwerk is out of the question (pcb is too deep) and I would prefer it to be 1fw anyway

What options do I have? (I,m considering the Oakley at this stage)

It must have banana jacks!!!

thanks
werock
There is the MFOS one, but I would guess that is probably going to be too deep for you as well.

There is also the 1fw width Paia one, although you'd need to change the jacks. A cheap & cheerful option maybe!
J3RK
I have a 1"x3" PCB for an AD633 based 4Q Multiplier/Ring Mod. I haven't done a large production run yet, but it's tested, and works beautifully. I'd be happy to build a Frac module for you based on this PCB.

I may also have a 1"x3" PCB for a Schottky Diode based XOR circuit that has both logic output, and a differential amplifier for bipolar audio output. I'll need to check though to see if I still have any of these ones laying around.

Both sound great when used for ring modulation. The AD633 one is squeaky clean, the diode one has a little more character.

PM me if you'd like me to build either, and we can discuss the details.

I can do the panel in red or blue with bananas to more or less match the Bug system. It won't be an exact match to the PCB material, but close.
e-grad
In my opinion Tony's RM is absolutely fantastic:
http://www.oakleysound.com/ringmod-e.htm

Ive built a couple if Oakley modules for my frac. To my experience any of Tony's 5U modules feat. 3 pots only can be built for frac while mantaining the pcb-mounted pots.

The module linked above is one of Tony's few designs for Euro and runs on +/-12V. I've no ideas whether it needs any mods to run it on +/-15V.
Synthbuilder
e-grad wrote:
The module linked above is one of Tony's few designs for Euro and runs on +/-12V. I've no ideas whether it needs any mods to run it on +/-15V.

Don't get the Euro one for Frac. Go with the standard version:

http://www.oakleysound.com/ringmod.htm

That's 15V and has the correct power supply header for Frac. The only difference between the two builds is the power supply header and a few resistor changes. The PCBs are the same size.

Tony
construct09
Synthbuilder wrote:
e-grad wrote:

Don't get the Euro one for Frac. Go with the standard version:

http://www.oakleysound.com/ringmod.htm

That's 15V and has the correct power supply header for Frac. The only difference between the two builds is the power supply header and a few resistor changes. The PCBs are the same size.

Tony

PCB is too deep unfortunately, close though sad banana

Thanks for all your suggestions, the passive CGS is another option.

Got appx 70mm to play with
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1