MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Division 6 DIY Business Card Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Division 6 DIY Business Card Sequencer
Shoggoth
I don't need this... But I want this. "Power supply" seems to just use any available offset above 7v on your rig.

http://division-6.com/products/business-card-sequencer.php
masterofstuff124
Oooo are there PCBs available or do I have to buy the 35$ kit?
babysealclub
Go back in time and attend knobcon. You will get a free one!
masterofstuff124
Found it.

http://division-6.com/shop/Business-Card-Sequencer-Board-Only.html

and the pic

http://division-6.com/shop/Preprogrammed-Microcontroller-for-Business- Card-Sequencer.html
euromorcego
want!

masterofstuff124 wrote:
Oooo are there PCBs available or do I have to buy the 35$ kit?

seems like pcbs are available: http://division-6.com/shop/Business-Card-Sequencer-Board-Only.html

but you need to upload the code or get a pre-programmed PIC for $5.
mskala
What kind of current does it draw and will your standard kind of offset generator actually supply that much? It seems like all those LEDs might need a fair bit of power.
EATyourGUITAR
mskala wrote:
What kind of current does it draw and will your standard kind of offset generator actually supply that much? It seems like all those LEDs might need a fair bit of power.


just turn your offset generator up to 11!
Shoggoth
From the page:

Power In: 7-15VDC, tip positive (Don't reverse it or it will get mad). Just find a voltage source on your synth somewhere. If the notes being played by the sequencer seem flat, the power supply you have chosen may be dropping too much under load. If you can't or don't want to use your synth to power the sequencer, you can use a 9V Battery or AC power supply.
Scottzilla
mskala wrote:
What kind of current does it draw and will your standard kind of offset generator actually supply that much? It seems like all those LEDs might need a fair bit of power.


It's in the neighborhood of 5mA. Only one LED is ever on at a time, and collectively they don't run at full duty cycle.
Isaiah
I've requested a technical diagram showing the PCB dimensions and X,Y co-ordinates of the buttons and LEDs.
I think I have a method to securely mount this sequencer behind a panel.
If all goes well I might do a group buy for a panel if folks are interested.

Didn't realise pre-programmed PICs were available. d'oh!
Emailed to ask if I could add two to my order but no reply yet...
qfactor
Isaiah wrote:
I think I have a method to securely mount this sequencer behind a panel.
If all goes well I might do a group buy for a panel if folks are interested


I'll be the first to voice interest in a panel (or perhaps 5!)
shiftr
Ordered one and also thinking to put it behind a panel..
Shoggoth
Some other photos and a video here too:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/09/28/the-division-6-business-c ard-step-sequencer/
EATyourGUITAR
5ma is exactly what I calculated being supplied by an opamp with 1K output resistor and output voltage about 11. spinal tap was right the whole time.
masterofstuff124
Panel!!!! seems like you are gonna mount two behind a panel?

I ordered some extra tall momentary switches (http://www.ebay.com/itm/50PCS-6x6x12mm-Tactile-Push-Button-Switch-Mom entary-Tact-/151702887960?hash=item2352325e18:m:mjOxA4BB43MxA_EShG--ih g)
i figure they would be more playable through a case or panel.

Any mods we can add? plenty of panel space diy etc....
qfactor
masterofstuff124 wrote:

I ordered some extra tall momentary switches (http://www.ebay.com/itm/50PCS-6x6x12mm-Tactile-Push-Button-Switch-Mom entary-Tact-/151702887960?hash=item2352325e18:m:mjOxA4BB43MxA_EShG--ih g)


Took a look at these. Are they 99cts for 50 pieces eek! or 99cts each?
It only says 1 unit but couldn't find any clarification if 1 unit is 50 pieces (since the title says that's the case) or 1 single switch. seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks
jberentsson
qfactor wrote:
masterofstuff124 wrote:

I ordered some extra tall momentary switches (http://www.ebay.com/itm/50PCS-6x6x12mm-Tactile-Push-Button-Switch-Mom entary-Tact-/151702887960?hash=item2352325e18:m:mjOxA4BB43MxA_EShG--ih g)


Took a look at these. Are they 99cts for 50 pieces eek! or 99cts each?
It only says 1 unit but couldn't find any clarification if 1 unit is 50 pieces (since the title says that's the case) or 1 single switch. seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks


50 pieces for $0.99.
Dichstudios
https://instagram.com/p/BLEHMejDtDa/

2 cards fit just right in a eurorack.
billsship
Dichstudios wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BLEHMejDtDa/

2 cards fit just right in a eurorack.


Hmm, looks like the board runs parallel to the panel, and jacks mounted off to the side. My question is- considering there are no panel-mounted components, how are those cards mounted to the panel? I don't see any mounting holes on the PCBs. There are a few areas on the front of the board that don't seem to have traces (not sure about the back) where you could drill some.

EDIT: Ah! I just realized you posted that Instagram photo. So, how did you mount the boards to the panel?
masterofstuff124
thats a sexy panel!!! want.
Isaiah
Looks like someone beat me to it! That panel looks fantastic!
Well, I'll finish up my design in the next few days and see if there is any interest.
duff
Dichstudios wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BLEHMejDtDa/

2 cards fit just right in a eurorack.


Nice - -although are the ends of two caps sticking through the panel?
Scottzilla
I made a drawing showing the locations of all the buttons and LEDs on the board in case anybody else wants to have a go at making a panel or enclosure:



http://division-6.com/files/d6-business-card-sequencer-panel-layout.pd f


I do have a couple things in the works for them, too...
masterofstuff124
hmm considering packaging this as a standalone.(just got my board and IC) and since no panels seem to be ready Ill waste time making a case. But here is my problem.

how do I power it. the standard x4 AA holder only puts out 6v.

9v battery maybe. how long would that power it for? 9v are somewhat expensive.

maybe a LI On and charger. thats prolly overkill.


maybe im just being impatient and should wait for someone to come up with a more elegant solution?
Shoggoth
You can use this with the 3.5mm jack for power - no need to engineer something else. http://division-6.com/shop/Power-Supply-9V-500mA-with-3.5mm-Phone-Plug .html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group