MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[ORDER] p0wr, a switchable Euro power inlet/outlet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author [ORDER] p0wr, a switchable Euro power inlet/outlet
av500
introducing p0wr, a switchable Eurorack power inlet/outlet.

use it to power a module outside of your rack for building, testing and debugging:

use it with a second unit to power a skiff from your main case:

switches -12V, +12V and 5V power lines, the LEDs can be jumpered for outgoing or incoming power.

two PCB set for diy builders including SMT male/female headers for board to board stacking:

complete kit with all parts:

order info in the next post
av500
ORDERING INFORMATION:

PCB + panel + SMT header + matching female header: €20 + €5 shipping

complete kit: €35 + €7 shipping

(shipping as a registered letter, tracked)

to order, send me an email to vp (at) vpme (dot) de with your full shipping address, then I will reply with Paypal details.

toggle switch: MIYAMA MS-500M or the red equivalent from China/eBay/Aliexpress, see build guide for notes

WARNING: there are some RED CHINESE switches that have a very TIGHT FIT, the pins have a slightly larger size so you have to force them in - proceed at your own risk!

BOM/build guide attached. no Mouser cart, c'mon people it's 3 LEDs, 3 resistors and two shrouded headers.

(NOTE: in order to see the attached documents, you need to be logged in to muffwiggler.com)
solidstatedisaster
awesome idea!!! This fixes a lot of problems.
DJMaytag
Placeholder for ordering at least 1, depending on price.
franman69
Totally cool idea Vladimir.. Count me in for two sets of boards.. I have a small cigar box I could power with this very nicely! Cost???
av500
kudos to James Husted aka ersatzplanet for the idea to power a skiff from the main rack!
av500
franman69 wrote:
Totally cool idea Vladimir.. Count me in for two sets of boards.. I have a small cigar box I could power with this very nicely! Cost???

see above smile
latigid on
Any benefit in adding fuses, if a primary use is for powering up new builds?
av500
latigid on wrote:
Any benefit in adding fuses, if a primary use is for powering up new builds?

maybe, I don't know. after reading several threads about reverse voltage protection and fuses here on Muffs, I'm not even sure what to put.
ArguZ
So, like most people i will have no problems soldering this, but frankly, i do not know where to start sourcing parts.
I would greatly appreciate a Mouser cart.
I know most can be sourced at Ali but i kinda like Mouser and order there all the time, so this would just fit in.

And yes, i still think you could sell the kit smile
av500
ArguZ wrote:
So, like most people i will have no problems soldering this, but frankly, i do not know where to start sourcing parts.
I would greatly appreciate a Mouser cart.
I know most can be sourced at Ali but i kinda like Mouser and order there all the time, so this would just fit in.

And yes, i still think you could sell the kit smile

here is a suitable switch at Mouser: http://www2.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1003P1T1B1M2QE

Reichelt: http://www.reichelt.de/Kippschalter/MS-500M/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROU PID=7584&ARTICLE=13170&OFFSET=500&

or you get 10 for $7 from eBay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/142077946683

I am apparently not clever enough to find 5mm LEDs on Mouser, I gave up :(
acgenerator
Here is an additional potential use: A dedicated switch for vacuum tube based modules like Metasonix, Trogotronics, etc. (I think Erica synths may require special power though.)

Those puppies have a huge power suck at start up. Having a dedicated switch will allow you to fire them up separately to the pack and reduce the huge surge by having multiple such modules.

so my question is do these have a max through power?
av500
acgenerator wrote:
Here is an additional potential use: A dedicated switch for vacuum tube based modules like Metasonix, Trogotronics, etc. (I think Erica synths may require special power though.)

Those puppies have a huge power suck at start up. Having a dedicated switch will allow you to fire them up separately to the pack and reduce the huge surge by having multiple such modules.

so my question is do these have a max through power?

the MS 500M switches can do 125V/6A. I cannot tell you the exact power ratings for the PCB traces though, but I would guess powering 1-2 tube modules should be OK
av500
WARNING: there are some RED CHINESE switches that have a very TIGHT FIT, the pins have a slightly larger size so you have to force them in - proceed at your own risk!
av500
av500 wrote:

I will enlarge the PCB holes for the next run....
av500
I also have a few full kits for p0wr available now, €35 + €7 shipping
av500
full kit looks like this:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1