MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How do you guys afford this stuff!?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author How do you guys afford this stuff!?
scarymcclary
Seriously. I've tried my damnedest. I mean i have a decent system but some of these are amazing. maybe i should narrow my hobbies down to this huh? lol.
pugix
Work for 15 years and don't buy a new car. Driving Driving Driving
SynthBaron
No women or kids to spend it on.
Waz
Some people here have some pretty good jobs. Something I don't have at the moment. Personally, I want to know what droolmaster0 does for a living.
TrashWaveform
Waz wrote:
Some people here have some pretty good jobs. Something I don't have at the moment. Personally, I want to know what droolmaster0 does for a living.
I always thought analogue gear falls off trucks and he resales it for a living.
Just me
No wife, no kids. No other bills and years of collecting. I've got a fairly low pay job but only a couple of expensive hobbies. I'm also a pretty good shopper.
MrBiggs
I used to have children but sold them on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I said they were "Serge and Buchla" even though they were actuall Euro. And they were gone in 20 minutes. It was so weird.

So, that was like $1500 right there.
Luka
built it all myself
Illiac
I borrow money from Xart and Science.
sduck
I'm with Luka. One piece at a time, maybe 50-200$ a month, spread out over 7 years, currently 49 modules (plus a few that I've sold or don't fit in the cabinets).
JohnLRice
I'm in the "No wife, No kids" crowd too and have no mortgage or rent, I'm foolish with credit and only see darkness and sadness in my long term future so why prepare for it? The JLR of the future is going to be a hostile, bitter, evil fuck so I don't care what happens to him and I'm spending all of his money now so I can have some good times.
essex sound lab
Just me wrote:
No wife, no kids.

No wife, no kids can be just as expensive. Or even more expensive if you factor in alimony and hookers.

Edit: Oh lookie, I just got my goo guy. What poetic timing!
parasitk
essex sound lab wrote:
Or even more expensive if you factor in alimony and hookers.

Weird, I can afford this stuff from killing hookers and stealing their money.
essex sound lab
parasitk wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
Or even more expensive if you factor in alimony and hookers.

Weird, I can afford this stuff from killing hookers and stealing their money.

We'll see what happens when my severance package runs out.
Babaluma
good job

wife with even better job

save money

buy little by little

find a way for the gear to start paying you back in cash

twisted
Waz
TrashWaveform wrote:
Waz wrote:
I always thought analogue gear falls off trucks and he resales it for a living.

I always thought he was a Troll under a bridge. He probably makes so much money because his riddles are so fucking hard!
bf
Build, buy used, and end up selling other stuff in your studio.
SepticUnderground
SynthBaron wrote:
No women or kids to spend it on.

pugix wrote:
Work for 15 years and don't buy a new car. Driving Driving Driving

Yep this is the way to do it grin
Morley
Be born at the right time when you could sell records
Failing that, wheeling and dealing can get you there...
3vcos
little income but thrifty as hell.
eat smart and cheap.
gear is my only expense besides basic bills.
only buy when its a bargain.

keep in mind the diy side of all this modular stuff is way cheap, sounds great and is quite rewarding to build...
wetterberg
sduck wrote:
I'm with Luka. One piece at a time, maybe 50-200$ a month, spread out over 7 years
I'm right there, too. I'd say 0-400 a month, over the course of several years, with a long-term plan looking like a decade more than a frivolous purchase.
hihi screaming goo yo ( <- my son wanted these here. )
toothless_wonder
I try to sepend around 400$ a month on studio goodies , but most/ months that rule is obviously broken !!!!!!!!!!
authorless
I don't drive (no car payment, no gas, no insurance). I don't drink or smoke or go out at the weekend. I wear clothes until they are falling apart. I don't eat much and rarely go out to eat. I am, basically, a tightwad. i can save a couple of hundred dollars every few months and get a new module.
a100user
I don't spend every month but I suppose it averages out at 300-400 a month.

Kids grown up, mortgage almost paid, I"m lucky enough to have a bit of disposable income.
anadeji
"if this rap shit don't work out... WE RUNNIN UP IN ____'S HOUSES" -- thugnificent

but really tho, at least a quarter of the modular folks i know are wrapped up in internet trades...

might explain the humor in here too?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5