MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FYI: New Moon Modular OCTAL CLOCK DIVIDER M554
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author FYI: New Moon Modular OCTAL CLOCK DIVIDER M554
JohnLRice

Spiked Lunch
Looks pretty cool applause
mirri
That video made me dizzy 8(
emdot_ambient
As Keanu Reeves once so aptly put it..."Woah."

woah
Nelson Baboon
Actually - I could really use this in my moon modular system - do you know when it will be available?
Bryan B
This is a beautiful module and looks to be a great addition to the 5U market! I want one. Thanks for posting this.
sduck
Man, that looks fantastic. I want one in motm format. May have to repanel one.

I wonder if it works with audio also?

BTW, I like how the video shares a trait with my synth - at least 3 different kinds of patch cables being used.
mr.spiffy
verrrry cool! i've been checking out the moon modular stuff for a while, they seem to make really interesting & useful modules...this may put me in the "purchase" column!

and thanks for the video - you sure got some nice video fx skillz thumbs up
Peake
Dang, that's a big step forward for the concept of "module density".
JohnLRice
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Actually - I could really use this in my moon modular system - do you know when it will be available?

I'm not sure when but I think pretty soon since this module has been in the works for a while. (It was in their new printed catalog that they had at Winter NAMM . . . but I left my copy of the catalog on a table! cry )
JohnLRice
sduck wrote:
I wonder if it works with audio also?

I don't see any info about that, but I would think it at least works with a full range of clock signals.
Nelson Baboon
According to Chuck at Noisebug, it should be this month.
JohnLRice
mr.spiffy wrote:
verrrry cool! and thanks for the video - you sure got some nice video fx skillz thumbs up

Thanks but I get no credit for this one! waah The video was done by the guy who usually does Moon's official videos (I think).
JohnLRice
And, in case you are wondering . . . check out the note at the bottom of the PDF about the reset option! hyper hihi screaming goo yo :
http://www.lunar-experience.com/DOWN/554.pdf

I'll take a little credit for pushing the issue that they REALLY needed to have a reset jack! Unfortunately, by the time I got involved on commenting they had already commited to the panel design so Gert figured out a way to make it happen with a jumper. 8_)
suitandtieguy
i can't believe that a reset input was an afterthought.
JohnLRice
suitandtieguy wrote:
i can't believe that a reset input was an afterthought.

d'oh! Better last minute than late or never? applause

Sure, the COTK thoughtfully has a reset:

And the YuSynth and Cynthia dividers also have resets . . . .

But this Modcan doesn't:

And the Synth Tech doesn't (hopefully only "yet" as a firmware update may change this? hmmm..... )
JohnLRice
Oh yeah, this proposed handsome STG build of the Ken Stone circuit (right?) has a reset too! thumbs up

klstay
Any indications as to price in $US yet?
JohnLRice
klstay wrote:
Any indications as to price in $US yet?

On Moon's site the export price is 276 Euros which currently works out to be a little less than $340 US. The fine folks at Noisebug need to make a living so it may be a little more than that but not too much I'd guess.
suitandtieguy
JohnLRice wrote:
Oh yeah, this proposed handsome STG build of the Ken Stone circuit (right?) has a reset too!

thanks for mentioning it, but i should point out that while the ASR is derivative of Ken Stone the divider section is pure Det3 on the inside. it's literally one-half of a Time Divider, electrically speaking.
Peake
Oh...I'd made a 4024-based audio divider back in high school (1980!)...and only now do I notice the reset input...

http://psas.pdx.edu/CapstoneLV2bProjectReport/ComponentSpec/Glue/cd402 4.png

The Moon could be a batch of 4024s or a PIC...anyone know?
klstay
[quote="JohnLRice"][quote="klstay"]Any indications as to price in $US yet?[/quote]

On Moon's site the export price is 276 Euros which currently works out to be a little less than $340 US. The fine folks at Noisebug need to make a living so it may be a little more than that but not too much I'd guess.[/quote]

This might not apply to this new module, but Noisebug seems to possibly be a bit between a rock and a hard place with the Moon modules. IF, and I emphasize IF, they paid for the current inventory at pre "euro-in-the-bog" prices then buying direct from Berlin and paying the shipping can be a fair bit cheaper.
MindMachine
So does this thing work as 8 individaul dividers if patched as such, but also has the ganged/chained functions on the certian channels?

That is so cool, but damn that is a lot of dividers.
JohnLRice
MindMachine wrote:
So does this thing work as 8 individaul dividers if patched as such, but also has the ganged/chained functions on the certian channels?

That is so cool, but damn that is a lot of dividers.

Yeah, as I understand it there are 8 individual dividers that are internally normalled and are seperated by inserting jacks.

It is a lot of dividers, but say someone who has a M563 trigger sequencers and a M569 Quad Sequential Voltage Source . . .(like me! hihi ) . . . you could have 4 different clocks go to each and have either a fantastically complex poly rhythmic sequence happening hyper screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! . . or a big random mess too! oops
MindMachine
Right... I am sure it is intended for those dense sequence modules of Moons. I want a divider for my 1/4" stuff, but this is pretty big and a fair amount of dough. I like the COTK version too, but am gun shy toward them. I guess one could wire the Doepfer module onto a dotcom faceplate and be done with it. The Moon is so impressive...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3