MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

Acceptable input voltages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Acceptable input voltages
chamomileshark
hi, I'm thinking of using the aux CV outs from a Kenton Pro 2000 MkII to control things like VCAs (to add velocity or aftertouch response) and VCFs.

The kenton manual says the voltages are +/- 12.6 volts - is that ok to connect? I'm only using the 5V pull up for the gate so I'm concerned those voltages are too high.
carygrace
chamomileshark wrote:

The kenton manual says the voltages are +/- 12.6 volts - is that ok to connect?

Hi Mark,

The 300 Series modules expect a (nominally) 10V gate, and 0-10V CVs.

12.6V should be totally fine, with one isolated exception that I can think of off the top of my head. Sequantizers which have not been modded by me in the last several years can't handle a negative voltage (really any negative voltage, so it's not specifically an issue with the 12.6V at all) connected to certain inputs without potentially damaging one of the chips inside, so please try not to connect an output that can go negative to the Sequantizers. This includes any output on the system itself which can output a negative voltage too. Please email me for a more detailed explanation if interested.

Cary
chamomileshark
ok thanks Cary!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1