MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modcan 61 Quad LFO Gate Division feature - Fuck Ya!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Modcan 61 Quad LFO Gate Division feature - Fuck Ya!!!
rezzn8r
Saw Bruce today to have my 61B's microcontroller reprogrammed for the new gate division feature, and it is fucking awsome. The sync feature was always one of my favorites, but now that I can apply different clock divisions to each of the four LFOs I am in modulating heaven. A very useful addition to an already stellar module.
Thanks, Bruce we're not worthy
doctorvague
hihi hihi
I read that at first as more "Fuck You" than "Fuck Yeah".
It's kinda in between so I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
low self-esteem I guess.
Sounds like a cool mod!
dude
yeah, that mod almost made me change my order. alas, i do not want the paging interface. anyway, that mod sounds so rad. i was drooling hard upon first read.
rezzn8r
doctorvague wrote:
hihi hihi
I read that at first as more "Fuck You" than "Fuck Yeah".
It's kinda in between so I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
low self-esteem I guess.
Sounds like a cool mod!

lol yeah, I ment yeah lol

dude wrote:
alas, i do not want the paging interface

I wasn't sure about the paging interface at 1st, but I don't even think about it anymore. I still find it a little awkward sometimes with the QuadEG, but with the QuadLFO it works. The 61 is one of Bruce's best modules. I guess if you're using Silent Way or Volta to sync your lfos it's not such a big deal, but sync'd/held/reset lfos iz where itz at
dude
yeah, i am SURE i would get used to it. but in my case it would include a modulator overhaul. i know it would seem that one cannot have too many modulators but i already have (or have on order) analog quad lfo, dual lfo, control, mankato, 4 vcos most of which can double as control and then a noisering and maths in euro. if i had been sold on it earlier than it would be perfect but now it would mean i would have to replace some of my jewels. and i like my jewels. i don't use silent way or any computer interface for the modular. i do have plenty of division capabilities.
but i digress yet again. the mod looks sick. maybe it'll be on board at some point... hihi
haricots
He was telling me about this today. I think I might have to get one of these there 61b'z. I don't mind the paging on my 60b at all to be honest.
rezzn8r
I've been playing a lot with this feature during the last couple of days. For modulating multiple filters, it's fantastic. I also like the odd divisions that I wasn't getting from my 20B Pulse Divider. I find I still use my 20B frequently to bring the master clock down before feeding the Gate In on the QuadLFO, especially at faster tempos, because the max division on the 61 is /10.
BlueOctopus
The Quad LFO is worth having for the quadrature output alone, almost sold it once before I stumbled on that. Once I heard the signal pumping out in surround my jaw dropped...
dude
stumbled upon this somehow. missing the old days. hope bruce is ok. b series is the best. miss it.

waah
JohnLRice
dude wrote:
stumbled upon this somehow. missing the old days. hope bruce is ok. b series is the best. miss it.

waah

+1 sad banana Bruce, get better soon, friend! Hug
Gringo Starr
Is Bruce sick? What's going on?
rezzn8r
Yes, there have been references to Bruce's poor health in a couple of recent threads. Apparently, email inquires to Modcan are being answered by Bruce's brother, but not many details presently.

I, too, wish Bruce a speedy recovery
Scooter McCrae
Agree with the consensus and hope that Bruce is doing alright; definitely sending all my best wishes for good health in his general direction.

Scooter McCrae
ear ear
Is there any way of telling by looking at the back of the the unit if my Quad LFO has the rate sync feature? I presume not, but thought I'd ask anyway. I can't get mine to work. If I have LFO 1 set to pulse and put that into the gate mod input then set the gate mod LED for LFO 2 to flash quickly its rate should be a division of LFO 1, correct? Mine doesn't show any correlation between the two.
dude
the back of the unit won't tell you anything. it is the main chip that will either have newer or older firmware.

the clear way i remember telling (this is all from memory as i no longer have a system) is to pick a channel to focus on. send a trig/gate in. set the gatemod response for that channel to sync. if the newer divider firmware chip is installed, changing the rate/freq via knob or cv will go through divisions 1-16.

i don't remember what the other old behavior is for the sync mod.

man do i miss my modcan system

ModCan!
sduck
dude wrote:

man do i miss my modcan system

ModCan!

Yes! Me too!

ear ear
Thanks dude, I've emailed HQ. Perhaps my unit will benefit from a short vacation in Canada. Guinness ftw!
dude
all you need to do is switch out the chip/prom. no need to send the module anywhere, except i don't know if headquarters exist or are functional atm. maybe simon knows how to get one. seems bruce always did that directly. but i have no idea.
dude
i found a 61b quad lfo again today. i hope it has the gate mod but i think it does. always best sent to bruce and friends. here's to hopes of triumphant return!
Scooter McCrae
Congratulations on that hot find, Dude! It's an amazing module with or without the modification (at least for me).

And yes, always sending healing vibes in Bruce's general direction for a complete and total recovery from whatever has been ailing him. We need him and his brilliance back in the modular game!

Scooter McCrae
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1