MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A thread with the Bugbrand DRM1 as main actor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author A thread with the Bugbrand DRM1 as main actor
BugBrand
SEQ1 (bit cumbersome) or VCA.
Yeah, something I keep on meaning to investigate more.
chrisdermo
Send a few full voltage gate sequences into a mixer and set varying levels, where they overlap it goes higher or if you make some negative obviously it pulls them down. Need to do this more myself actually!
batchas
/\/\/\/ wrote:
can anyone share favorite methods of varying gate voltages to achieve some dynamics? seems like most anything that sends a gate does this at a fixed value.

I like to use for instance the ENV1 voltage controlled Attack / Decay envelope generator and send an LFO (could be a seq with fixed voltages too of course, a S&H etc etc) to the CV IN of the DECAY.
phisynth
In the meantime...while waiting for the DRM2, DRM1's are making friends with the DDSR :

batchas
phisynth wrote:
In the meantime...while waiting for the DRM2, DRM1's are making friends with the DDSR

Very cool SlayerBadger!
chrisdermo
phisynth wrote:
In the meantime...while waiting for the DRM2, DRM1's are making friends with the DDSR :

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this vid makes me ecstatically excited. Dead Banana
BugBrand
Great!
Oh, the usefulness of a diode director & similar switching modules..
phisynth
Thanks !

BugBrand wrote:
Oh, the usefulness of a diode director & similar switching modules..

yes, essentials, exactly, that's why I am planning to do another DIY Diode Director to drive the DRM2
batchas
10 mins jam before lunch... after finishing an active case for a few buchla modules focusing on sequencing.
The rhythm and the bassdrum sound remembers me very much of what I was doing with a 606 and distortion back in the 80s!!!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJSjz7rjQ2I

I try to play as less as possible, like once or twice a week, or as short as possible, but still playing very loud... and tomorrow I'll be complaining that I'm deaf during a few days (last time lasted 3 weeks!!!) seriously, i just don't get it

Edit:
I found a short snippet of a 606 track from a tape in 86. I think I was a bit more... hem... extreme!
Nothing like the video I posted here actually!
Audio snippet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2