MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC401 VS2 gated env follower
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC401 VS2 gated env follower
mafouka

ADDAC401 GATED ENVELOPE FOLLOWER

Looks like ADDAC updated the 401! Added a CV'd offset/trigger which I reckon adds some nifty organic variation

Gotta say, I use my 401 vs1 in every patch. I especially enjoy using the env for CV'd wetness on FX / sidechaining duties. . . fun times if you mult the signal to a logic/inverter ect. and spread it around the system!!
Paranormal Patroler
Weird choice of placing. I would've put the CV inputs vertically underneath the CV output so as to have all the Gate outputs in pairs in the same rows. hmmm.....

Still, looks very handy as all ADDAC modules!
DonKartofflo
Curious if this works with cvs for example to extract gate outputs from complex LFOs or sequences
Anybody tried that?
Paranormal Patroler
hmmm..... Hmmm, I don't see why it wouldn't ... but I'm not sure.
ADDAC System
DonKartofflo wrote:
Curious if this works with cvs for example to extract gate outputs from complex LFOs or sequences
Anybody tried that?


Hi DonKartofflo,

the 401 accepts LFOs but it only detects the positive voltage. So it would work on sequences and the positive side of LFO's! Hope that answers your question.
BTG
Who sells these in the USA? AH still shows the v1
Summa
BTG wrote:
Who sells these in the USA? AH still shows the v1


Did you contact AH and ask I'm pretty sure they'll help you out
groovar
anyone have this? mine fires different gates than the LED's. i brought it down to a precise test and it definitely fires off in this manner:

8 LED triggers 7 Gate
7 -> 8
6 -> 4
5 -> 5
4 -> 6
3 -> 1
2 -> 2
1 -> 3
groovar
turns out this is just a labelling issue and they are going to remake the faceplate. no one else noticed this?
unitard
Do currently shipping ADDAC401 modules have this labelling issue mentioned above? I'm about to purchase a new one from Perfect Circuit and I'm concerned that it is not yet fixed. Thanks for the info.
groovar
Looking at the pictures it appears to have the same face plate that mine does. When I first inquired the response was if I was the one that discovered the issue even though my serial number was in the 200s. I was then told that they were going to make new face plates. I waited about six months and asked again and then I was told hey well we can’t just make all new faceplates we will probably just start manufacturing them differently. No offer to remedy my situation so I don’t know if this one would be the new way or the old way but maybe the boys will read this and chime in
blackelmo
I'm hoping that ADDAC responds to this issue soon as I too am interested in purchasing this module.

@groovar, Do you find the ADDAC401 v2 usable in its current state?
monads
groovar wrote:
Looking at the pictures it appears to have the same face plate that mine does. When I first inquired the response was if I was the one that discovered the issue even though my serial number was in the 200s. I was then told that they were going to make new face plates. I waited about six months and asked again and then I was told hey well we can’t just make all new faceplates we will probably just start manufacturing them differently. No offer to remedy my situation so I don’t know if this one would be the new way or the old way but maybe the boys will read this and chime in


Very surprised ADDAC didn't rectify the situation since normally good at. A similar situation happened with 802R panels/labeling on the knobs and when mentioned they fixed/sent out replacements to those requesting. Now if a module is 'discontinued' then that's another story.
groovar
I do. I just remember that the panel is revered. I was going to put small stickers on it but I just find patience in hoping for a replacement panel someday
monads
^yeah let's hope so!!! in the instance of my 802Rs they did send me panels with the correct labeling!
RamiroA
I have a ADDAC and it's very good.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group