MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macbeth EXACTA (wasp circuit)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Macbeth EXACTA (wasp circuit)
cscairney

very excited for this! I had the chance the other day to play a Wasp Deluxe and i was very impressed...I emailed Ken about getting in line for one... we'll see...
tIB
Looks fun- always wonder about the wording of delay simulator? It's a tape delay simulation (ie a delay chip) or it's a different approach to delay?
oldgearguy
tIB wrote:
Looks fun- always wonder about the wording of delay simulator? It's a tape delay simulation (ie a delay chip) or it's a different approach to delay?

If it's similar to the one on the Elements synth, it's a cool fun delay, great for audio craziness. Not super long times, but very much a part of the overall sound.
Leverkusen
Thanks - nice to have a bigger picture of this!

I watched the video yesterday and liked the sound of it:

zombie
cscairney
Ken has a pile of some of the crucial TI ICs (out of production) used in the original EDP Wasp (in some instances not all! -Ken) that are going into this design. His vision for it is a version of the Wasp thats well built and be a nice compliment to the Elements Synthesizer.
cscairney
tIB wrote:

I bet there's info on the delay chip in one of the detailed walk through videos of the Elements (same chip maybe?)
blinosynth
i bet is not gonna be cheap
MATSmile
With Jasper clone I don't see many people going for it especially if price tag is above one grand.
oldgearguy
MATSmile wrote:
With Jasper clone I don't see many people going for it especially if price tag is above one grand.

my guess (based on his other gear) is more like $3 - $5k
neuroportal
Despite myself, i like this.
donato
MATSmile wrote:

Never heard of Macbeth I see.
MATSmile
donato wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

Never heard of Macbeth I see.

I did, but you have to be an idiot to pay additional 2000-3000$ for digital delay, reverb and metal enclosure.
julian
Much more interest in the wasp recently, than there has been for years, but its a shame that both these clones have missed the non-audio style of the original.

The wasp is one of those few instruments that, for me at least, has object lust, even if i couldnt hear it. Like, for example, the 808 - its a visual thing too.
Ken MacBeth
Hi guys! I haven't been here for a while! ...ok....regarding this EXACTA thing.............do bear in mind that I haven't actually said that this will be a product! I posted it on facebook about three, maybe 4 weeks as just a fun 'homer' project for myself...! I have also been aware of the fantastic Jasper synth and great to see that someone has done that! The Elements may have a touch keyboard.........but that is designed in a completely different way to the Wasp.....it's not logic that drives the keys and the circuits are discrete VCOs and discrete filter, noise, ring mod etc....! This thing for just now is really a personal experiment.......which I have quite enjoyed doing.....but it helps get into the thing....and also see/feel and here the real time limitations of the design......I felt in important to point this out! Jasper is great value for money..........great as a kit too! Ken
cscairney
Thanks Ken!

Wonderful to see you experimenting with the Exacta in the video. Regardless of the state of the Exacta, may it remain an inspiration to us!
Sanys
ah damn... w hope exacta will see the light of the day. it sounds sweet in the video
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1