MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sparoods noise and harmonics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Sparoods noise and harmonics
sparood
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3020497642 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=e99708 tracklist=false artwork=small]
sparood
Finally recorded some new demo. Testing of the Roland A-01 with additional fx, feedback and voice.
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1856424427 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
sparood
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 track=2771736926 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=e99708 tracklist=false artwork=small]
msmithsp
Really cool tracks, lots of different stuff going on, and sound very organic too.
pstanig
sparood wrote:
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 track=2771736926 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=e99708 tracklist=false artwork=small]

Not sure why but the bandcamp link does not seem to work, at least not on my pad...
sparood
I don't know either, but using the direct link https://walterkhan.bandcamp.com/track/testing-ground-003 should work.
sparood
Working on some new material, hope to finish a full release soon....
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 track=2313172122 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
http://walterkhan.bandcamp.com/track/testing-ground-004
sparood
Some 'new' stuff. Still testing....

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 track=2198314326 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
[bandcamp width=100% height=42 track=3035923259 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
msmithsp
testing ground 5 has a good smooth texture, like comforting for me

6 i like the the background reveal when the intro melody first melts away
sparood
Some new stuff!

Well, recorded earlier this year to tape. Lot's of recordings like this, if I have time I will try to get a tape out - or something.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 track=3332321717 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
msmithsp
Yes, still love it!
pstanig
sparood wrote:
Some new stuff!

Well, recorded earlier this year to tape. Lot's of recordings like this, if I have time I will try to get a tape out - or something.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 track=3332321717 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

Good stuff. Are you willing to share some technical info or patch notes abt it?
sparood
Not 100% of routing for this recording, but let's first say it's all non-modular.

I've abandoned Eurorack, I really like working with and learned a lot but I get better results when I'm working on a more straight forward and 'restricted' manner, less choices more focus. Not 3 hours of patching before recording is also a big plus. If I record, I want to blast it out and not to be bothered by to much 'happy accidents' or tinkering about the patch during the recording. More about energy and raw emotion and less about intelligence or subtlety.

Don't going to share all my secrets but main gist is mainly by a combination of overloading and pushing gear (mixer channels pushing in the red, overloading effects) and also using a compressor in the end of the signal chain to roam off the obnoxious high frequencies and thus boost the low-and middle-end. I am thinking about getting a second compressor at the end of the chain. I use two distortion 'units'. A cassette deck, very good for amplification and loosing detail (aka grit up the sound) and a yellow tube distortion, when feeding the yellow one the right cheese CUTS TROUGH EVERYTHING.

Yeah I recorded it direct to tape, which kinda does what a compressor does, but in a more lo-fi manner. High frequencies are getting cut or smeared, and middle frequencies are getting a slight boost. As for source sounds, I used a synth and vocals for this one, and of course I also use a separate compressor on the vocals as well.

PMs are always accepted for further questions.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1