MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADSR Sustain behaviour question...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author ADSR Sustain behaviour question...
trebmonster
If I use the Oakley ADSR (or VC-ADSR) to control, say a VCF cutoff and I set AD and R to minimum times, as I vary the S knob, will the cutoff frequency follow my movement immediately or is it lagged? If immediately (as I hope) then presumably increasing A, D or R will introduce some lag.

The reason I ask is that I want to reproduce the ADSR behaviour I used to have on my old ARP Axxe which did this. My Korg Odyssey has a lag and my Voyager has a lag. It's useful (to me!) to be modulate cutoff frequency with S sometimes rather than with the more usual cutoff or ADSR level controls because it keeps the attack's peak frequency constant while varying the body of the sound.

Many thanks
Synthbuilder
The output voltage will change with the position of the sustain pot. There is lag and this will be determined by the decay pot. With the decay pot set to its minimum that lag will be so small that the output will appear to move in tandem with the motion of the pot. Indeed I doubt one could move the pot fast enough to notice the lag.

The attack and release settings have no effect on the lag.

Tony
trebmonster
Excellent thanks Tony

Next set of modules are starting to plan themselves smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1