MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

218r Build Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 218r Build Thread
ncgr
Hi everyone!

I couldn't seem to find a build thread for the 218r (this one: http://electricmusicstore.com/products/touch-activated-voltage-source- model-218-rev2) so I thought I'd start one.

BOM, Firmware and modification:
http://electricmusicstore.com/blogs/build/touch-activated-voltage-sour ce-model-218

I'm halfway through the building the PCB, but missing some components right now. Has anyone finished this build and have some insight or tips to share?
Synesthesia
there was a thread...can't find it.

I finished mine - fully working, loving it. what a fantastic piece of kit.

TIPS :
- if you are going to use a standoff, countersunk the hole before you solder the red pcb.
- Don't use too much solder when soldering the red pcb. doing so can create a air bubble - and you'll lose connectivity.
- The permanento pots works backward : This is normal - it is as on the original.
- Make sure you clear coat the whole lot. i am happy with 2 coats.
keninverse
What kind of clear did you use?
Synesthesia
That one!
Vcs3
Perfect! I ordered my 218r kit a week ago. Look forward to building it!
jersupereq
Does anyone have any more information on building this? I Ordered the black easel kit. Is the clear for coating the keyboard panel?
APETECHNOLOGY
jersupereq wrote:
Does anyone have any more information on building this? I Ordered the black easel kit. Is the clear for coating the keyboard panel?

i used rustoleum crystal clear ENAMEL.
make sure you do the coating in a dust free area!
1 even coat, not multiples.

Eel Power FTW!
we_squirm
where is the other build thread for this? I just got my 218 pcbs but can't find a proper build thread anywhere
captnapalm
there's a couple on the other forum.
we_squirm
captnapalm wrote:
there's a couple on the other forum.

excuse my ineptitude, which forum?
captnapalm
we_squirm wrote:

excuse my ineptitude, which forum?

PM'd
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1