MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Molnet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Molnet
BugBrand
I mentioned in the last two mailouts about a one-off project - well, I finally put up some documentation:

The play for which this was made is Molnens Bröder at Dramaten, Stockholm - running from 22nd February.

BugBrand Listing

The video & listing are both fairly rough&ready so feel free to ask any questions here!
Sometime I will try to take the ideas onwards to a new design something like the old BoardWeevils - they're kind of similar, kind of different.
radams
Beautiful work as usual!
meska
Rockin' Banana! nanners nanners
johnchantler
looks great tom. you coming over to see them in action?
BugBrand
I really hope to, but I can't now come over next week for the Premiere - luckily it is running for quite a while. I really want to see what they do with them (20 of them!) and how they actually work 'acoustically' in the space.
Clive
Very nice smile
batchas
Looks awesome SlayerBadger! BugBrand!
chrisdermo
Please develop a new weevil from this design!
I'd kill for one of these. Some of those filter sweeps are reminiscent of the audioweevil08 nanners
a100user
Looks and sounds great
johnchantler
BugBrand wrote:
I really hope to, but I can't now come over next week for the Premiere - luckily it is running for quite a while. I really want to see what they do with them (20 of them!) and how they actually work 'acoustically' in the space.

another reason for me to go, too! very curious. I saw the last play they did but really could not understand a thing then. might have a better chance now. do drop me a line if you make it over!
KNYST
beautiful front panel, Tom!
Steelshank
Looks super fun! Will any be available for purchase?
lnd
I emulated this on my SynthVoice, nice patch!

Of course the touch points are missing but that raised the question for me, if there perhaps will be some kind of touch element in the expander.
BugBrand
Thanks all!

Yeah, I've been trying a few future design ideas out on the SynthVoice recently (drum stuff too), but there are a few things that jump out from trying it on the SV:
- range of the Oscs - keen to get a single knob span covering sub-to-audio (easy circuit approach change)
- modulation - feeling the need for unipolar actually - or a centre-off switch that allows positive/off/negative modulation.

Currently doing some dreaming on where this may go....

Touch-bits - I wouldn't put this sort of circuit-bend touch points into the main modular setup I doubt...
ninGiaBoom
whoa, your Molnet looks pretty cool! congrats for this classy job applause
orz
Love the visual design of Molnet. Sounds like a cool project!

(Drum stuff? YES!)
rowsbywoof
Looks incredible. Love the panel on that!
indexofmetals
great sounding device Tom. I'd really like to hear what a chorus of these in a theatre would sound like.
eowave_paris
lovely looking instrument
dogoftears
BugBrand wrote:
Thanks all!

Yeah, I've been trying a few future design ideas out on the SynthVoice recently (drum stuff too), but there are a few things that jump out from trying it on the SV:
- range of the Oscs - keen to get a single knob span covering sub-to-audio (easy circuit approach change)
- modulation - feeling the need for unipolar actually - or a centre-off switch that allows positive/off/negative modulation.

ive always thought unipolar with a 2 or 3 way switch is *the* way to go for bipolar modulation depths. i can't stand losing half the resolution of the knob on bipolar swings, and it's always hard to find that center detent where it's zero (sometimes impossible?) ... i fully support the unipolar knob with a switch idea w00t
i guess it's a matter of if there is room for the switch then?
BugBrand
Yeah, as always a design is a balance (eg. referring to something like the SynthVoice - would be hard to include +/off/- switches for each Modulation control)

But on the current thinking of where Molnet goes next, yes, I think +/off/- switches will be great for performance control (the centre off being key)! And I'm thinking there will now be an extra Osc and a VCA/Folder... YEAH!
batchas
dogoftears wrote:
i can't stand losing half the resolution of the knob on bipolar swings, and it's always hard to find that center detent where it's zero (sometimes impossible?) ... i fully support the unipolar knob with a switch idea

Same here.

BugBrand wrote:

This sounds good!
venus_3036
+1 for unipolar
BugBrand
I made a prototype but I'm not happy with directions at present. Still some interesting sound possibilities within!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/313752941" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
chrisdermo
Sounds awesome! Like an HD boardweevil.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2