MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Drexciya
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Drexciya
Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Drexciya Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i know i'm severely late on the boat for this one but i've found a pretty strong fascination towards Drexciya recently.

this interview sparked it off:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C-LoZho4HC8

awesome visuals on this link too.

i actually was aware of them in the past but barely. as i've mentioned, if it ain't a few bucks or less on vinyl i probably wasn't paying attention.

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

had some slight exposure to drexciya in the 90s when i was chasing vinyl down every week. what i heard was some crazy industrial heavy sound, i didnt really get any exposure to the 808-based detroit sound at the time.
Kwote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah. i want to get one of their albums but they're like 25 bucks which considering their status and the fact that it's double vinyl ain't horrible. but i'm ultratight fisted with the cash.

gotta come up on my own shit. been a fan too long in the past.

but when the stars are alligned or some shit i'll probably cop this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Memoirs-Late-Great-Rosinthorpe/dp/B00006L 700/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1204958086&sr=8-4

39 bucks. ouch. haha. and it ain't vinyl. :(

Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

<3 drex.

there is a lot of good electro coming out at the moment on the same tip. i cant wait to get my modular and mb808 rolling. its going to be electro heaven

check discogs for second hand lps btw
ive bought a tonne

gotta stop using discogs, it backrupts me worse than buying components for modules smile
Kwote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

then i guess i won't be checkin it lol

your talkin to a guy that at one point until recently had over 1,000 vinyl

neandrewthal
full clout y'all

Location: Spending warm summer days indoors writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kwote wrote:
then i guess i won't be checkin it :*weegi*:

your talkin to a guy that at one point until recently had over 1,000 vinyl

Argh, dont do this to me help I just recently switched over to CDs. It was the fact that 90's IDM Lp's(which is what I've been going for recently) are ridiculously expensive and the fact that I can listen in bed without having to get up to flip it over very frustrating
Kwote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i started collecting in 1996 as a dj. stopped djing ages ago but i still skratch and i love old vinyl. i've basically sold off the bulk of my hip-hop collection on ebay these past few months. which it's looking like made up about 400 or so of my collection i guess. i lost count awhile back.

but yeah i buy records from the 70's mostly. i like the old stuff and rarely spend more than a dollar per record. last year i bought about 80 records and i've barely bought anything since. too busy building the modular.

Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah ive slowed down too. the only time i really look at music these days is before gigs, but i guess i overlook boomkat newsletter when it comes out and usually troll through hardwax website once a month.

did you see that dopplereffekt are touring at the moment?
wish i wasnt living in the ass end of the world so i could see them
Kwote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luka wrote:
yeah ive slowed down too. the only time i really look at music these days is before gigs, but i guess i overlook boomkat newsletter when it comes out and usually troll through hardwax website once a month.

did you see that dopplereffekt are touring at the moment?
wish i wasnt living in the ass end of the world so i could see them

that's another thing i'm terrible about. i don't go to shows at all anymore. i fucked off a lot of time and money in the past and didn't really focus on myself as an artist so now it's all about me and every penny that doesn't go to survival goes directly into my gear quest specifically modulars. i actually haven't bought any other kind of gear in over a year.

Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

funny that, on the idmforums they had a thread probing how many of the production crew had completely falled out of the scene due to gear addictions. hehe big responce too.

luckily we have a crew that put on good underground parties in melbourne, so i dont have to do that much to keep involved. i dont really goto clubs. i guess ill admit that i havent been to any of the shows that ive wanted to see. missed devo last week damnit.

balance is good. tho i see that this modular addiction weighs the perception of balance from everything V music to just food&rent V modular. nothing else registers. its exciting though, i havent felt like this since i started buying records.

add another addiction to the pile hehe (coffee, records, forum brainvomiting, and now + modular building)

oh yeah drexciya.. so at hardwax there are a bunch of drexciya style eps. they all sound awesome.
Kwote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

even if i never own a single LP, their music will always have a lasting impression. the shit fuels me.
elemental
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drexciya: some of the best techno I know of. Love that shit!
Suburban Bather
Miami Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you don't mind mp3's, Emusic has Grava 4. You could just do the free trial and cancel before the membership kicks in.
richardm123uk
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drexciya: Easily up there with Kraftwerk, Coil & Whitehouse. Beautiful music
Babaluma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like them too, recently bought the aquatic invasion ep on vinyl. love the lo fi!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: