MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Black Metal + Drum 'n' Bass
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Black Metal + Drum 'n' Bass
snakehead
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Black Metal + Drum 'n' Bass Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was at Aquarius records last weekend and I picked up Surachai's Plaguediagram on clear vinyl. It's pretty cool synth-based black metal; but I was wondering if anybody has heard of any combinations of Drum 'n' Bass and Black Metal. They seem like they would go well together: blast beat plus dark squelchy rumbling bass. Or at least maybe a "blackened" kind of Drum 'n' Bass.

I would never dream of trying to write the stuff myself. I'm not funky and I like jazz chords too much. I would be willing to worship the dark lord and display freshly decapitated pig heads at my concerts, however.
Matos
Modular masturbator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you heard drumcorps by Aaron specter? Soo good.
snakehead
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno, that's more just breakcore stuff. The thing about black metal is that it is all about the atmosphere--something severely lacking in any breakcore I've heard. Don't get me wrong, there's tons of breakcore that is really interesting to me. The Surachai stuff I've heard is cool because the world it creates seem to be as interesting and detailed as the actual editing.

I guess I was thinking along the lines of Nadja or The Angelic Process. Or Burzum!

I will pick up some Aaron Spectre though--thanks for the recommendation.
Matos
Modular masturbator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. I see what you're saying. It's a very neglect niche I feel.
sonicwarrior
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only song I know that goes a bit into that area is 'The Passage' from Ephel Duath:

Can be argued if there are Black Metal elements in it but there are at least Extreme Metal parts in it.

LoFi Junglist
Wired for sound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had quite a few friends that were heavy into metal, but none ever showed me a nice crossover DNB or Jungle track, or a band that just focused on that.

EDIT: Saw a viking metal band using an 808 though screaming goo yo

zedius
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hesitant to post this because I really can't claim to know what Drum and Bass is but maybe this has elements that you're looking for?

rozzbud
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this hihi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEC2hUHqEg4
sonicwarrior
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rozzbud wrote:
this hihi

Yeah, and the Eagles of Death Metal actually play Death Metal. hihi

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blast beat and break beat seem incompatible. The closest thing to electronic black metal that I've ever encountered is Prurient.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: