MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HVM, SE330, RPSU and Filtrex to be discontinued
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author HVM, SE330, RPSU and Filtrex to be discontinued
Synthbuilder
It's that time again when I look back and see what's hot and what's not. Although it is great to have a large portfolio, some boards just do not sell fast enough to warrant the investment. I really need to make a profit on any board run within a year. If not, then it's time to say goodbye to that product and spend my money on new designs.

So up for the chop are the following non modular boards:

Filtrex-II
HVM
SE330
RPSU

I will be ordering one final run of the SE330 next month so if you do want one please let me know so I can order enough.

Tony
Blake Smith
Thats sort of too bad, unless it paves the way for new projects I suppose.

I was going to tackle the HMV and SE330 once my backlog was caught up. They look like pretty unique entities in DIY land. Now it looks like my backlog is going to get bigger...

I'll get one of the SE330 boards when you restock them.
Synthbuilder
Blake Smith wrote:
I'll get one of the SE330 boards when you restock them.

I am now taking pre-orders on these so if you do want one and a HVM, then now is the time to make your pre-order. I'll be putting my order into the factory on Wednesday next week so if you can get your order in to me before then you'll be guaranteed in getting your boards.

Tony
Blake Smith
A question about the RPSU power supply. I have a 16V 1000ma AC adapter unused from a different project. I assume this would provide appropriate power to a hvm and se330 once calibrated?

Thanks.
Synthbuilder
Blake Smith wrote:
A question about the RPSU power supply. I have a 16V 1000ma AC adapter unused from a different project. I assume this would provide appropriate power to a hvm and se330 once calibrated?

Yes, this should work without issue.

Tony
Synthbuilder
The last HVM has been sold. waah
Synthbuilder
The last SE330 has left the building.

I've two RPSU and one Filtrex board left.

Tony
Synthbuilder
The last Filtrex has now been sold.

Tony
kecked
Here's an idea. If someone really wants one have them pay the one off cost and still offer them. They can be drop shipped. The artwork is still good so why not. Costs you nothing.
jvq
Pardon me for being off-topic here but muff doesn't let me create a new thread, I am too new here. smile

I snagged one of the last RPSU boards. (Yay!) I want to use it for a CrowBX 4-voice. I have read elsewhere that an RPSU + Yamaha PA-30 would be able to supply +/-19V (this is what the CrowBX needs).

I'm having trouble finding clear figures but I've seen suggestions that my build requires about 0.4A per rail at 19V. Reading the RPSU user manual that sounds a little tight for a Yamaha PA-20, hence my intention to use a PA-30.

What I am not sure about though is what fuses I would need. I bought some 800mA T-fuses because that's what the RPSU build guide says. Let's say I want 0.5A at 19V per rail. What fuses do I need?

Again, apologies for posting in the wrong thread...
Synthbuilder
A PA-20 can supply up to 520mA and a PA-30 can supply up to 780mA so either would do for your project if it only needs 400mA. That said I've never tested either supply to generate +/-19V so I would go for the PA-30 to ensure that input voltage is less likely to sag under load.

For the fuses I would fit time lag 1A fuses - that is 1AT fuses.

Tony
jvq
Thanks Tony! Will go with the PA-30 ant 1AT.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1