MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 [all]
Author Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
Rafi
The “single final pulse” modifier doesn’t seem to reset mother 32 sequencer consistently. I have the Pexp-2 expander and patched as follows:

[x24] from Pexp-2 to M32 [Tempo] input

[Run] from Pexp-2 to M32 [Run /Stop] input

This works solid thus far if I manually press the Reset/Accent button on M32 before starting Pam.

Sending a “single final pulse” modifier from Pam’s [Output 8] to [Reset] input on M32 is sometimes perfectly in time and other times off sync. Trying to figure out why?

Any comments on what I may be missing?? I saw Divkid’s Pam’s tutorial and reset worked for him albeit a different sequnecer he used. This should work on M32 as well. Anyone wanna try this out?

Thanks!
hmmm.....
greyscales
Rafi wrote:
The “single final pulse” modifier doesn’t seem to reset mother 32 sequencer consistently. I have the Pexp-2 expander and patched as follows:

[x24] from Pexp-2 to M32 [Tempo] input

[Run] from Pexp-2 to M32 [Run /Stop] input

This works solid thus far if I manually press the Reset/Accent button on M32 before starting Pam.

Sending a “single final pulse” modifier from Pam’s [Output 8] to [Reset] input on M32 is sometimes perfectly in time and other times off sync. Trying to figure out why?

Any comments on what I may be missing?? I saw Divkid’s Pam’s tutorial and reset worked for him albeit a different sequnecer he used. This should work on M32 as well. Anyone wanna try this out?

Thanks!
hmmm.....

I tried this with my PNW and M32 with no problems at all. Clock into tempo, gate on into run/stop, and gate at stop into reset.

Maybe double check that you are sending a gate at stop and not at start. Also make sure there's no phase shifting on that trigger. That's my best guess.
Rafi
greyscales Just repatched with same results: Clock Out from Pexp-2 x24 to Tempo in on M32 (Tempo In set to Din Sync Mode). Run Out from Pexp-2 to Run/Stop In on M32. Lastly, sending a “gate at stop” / “single final pulse” to Reset In on M32. At best it fires off on time 3/10 times. Yet, if I manually reset the M32 by pushing the Reset button on the M32 hardware panel just before I press the yellow Start on PNW, it fires off as TIGHT as can be each time. Just found it curious that somehow M32 (at least my M32) won’t Reset through CV. In the meantime, I know the work around.
Rafi
PNW functioning perfectly. Other users have same issue with inaccurate Reset on M32. See topic: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208734&highlight=

Carry on Guinness ftw!
zerodivide
sorry if its been covered here already (this thread is insanely long).
How do I get Pam's to ratchet? Say I have 16ths gates and I want 32nd or 64ths speed gates to be triggered at pseudo random times. I've tried setting the speed one one channel to CV1, and then using something like Voltage Block to modulate diff speeds but its not sounding right and hard to control. Any ideas for this guys?
mosorensen
zerodivide wrote:
How do I get Pam's to ratchet? Say I have 16ths gates and I want 32nd or 64ths speed gates to be triggered at pseudo random times. I've tried setting the speed one one channel to CV1, and then using something like Voltage Block to modulate diff speeds but its not sounding right and hard to control. Any ideas for this guys?

I always wondered how to do this, and I think I figured it out. This should do it (adjust to taste):

1) Set channel 1 to control the ratcheting. For example a pulse at speed /8 with pulse width 20%. For random ratcheting, you can set RSkip (or use Euclidean triggers for rhythmic ratcheting)

2) Patch output of channel 1 into CV1

3) Channel 2 will give the triggers with ratcheting. Set it to a higher speed, say 4x, and set its EStep to 16. Set ETrig to CV1, and go into the CV menu to set Offst in 10-50% range (Offst has to be above 0% for this to work).

EDIT:

This is actually more fun than I realized. A few more things.

a) Other shapes on channel 1 (sine, tri) can give interesting ratcheting rhythms.

b) Random on channel 1 works surprisingly well. I didn't realize that with RSkip set to a positive percentage, a random channel is 0V until RSkip hits and then it takes the random value (I never before thought to use RSkip with random).

c) The pulse width on channel 1 sets the number of ratchets (obviously)

d) The Offst on channel 2 controls the non-ratcheting behavior of the triggers. When it is 10% the channel is (almost) quiet except when ratcheting. At 30%, the channel outputs triggers at 1/4 the ratcheting speed, and at 55% it is 1/2 the ratcheting speed.
zerodivide
mosorensen wrote:
zerodivide wrote:

I always wondered how to do this, and I think I figured it out. This should do it (adjust to taste):

1) Set channel 1 to control the ratcheting. For example a pulse at speed /8 with pulse width 20%. For random ratcheting, you can set RSkip (or use Euclidean triggers for rhythmic ratcheting)

3) Channel 2 will give the triggers with ratcheting. Set it to a higher speed, say 4x, and set its EStep to 16. Set ETrig to CV1, and go into the CV menu to set Offst in 10-50% range (Offst has to be above 0% for this to work).

EDIT:

This is actually more fun than I realized. A few more things.

a) Other shapes on channel 1 (sine, tri) can give interesting ratcheting rhythms.

b) Random on channel 1 works surprisingly well. I didn't realize that with RSkip set to a positive percentage, a random channel is 0V until RSkip hits and then it takes the random value (I never before thought to use RSkip with random).

c) The pulse width on channel 1 sets the number of ratchets (obviously)

d) The Offst on channel 2 controls the non-ratcheting behavior of the triggers. When it is 10% the channel is (almost) quiet except when ratcheting. At 30%, the channel outputs triggers at 1/4 the ratcheting speed, and at 55% it is 1/2 the ratcheting speed.

woah never even thought to set RTrig to CV1 before. Will try this tomorrow. thanks so much
circuitburst
mosorensen wrote:
zerodivide wrote:

Brilliant, mosorensen, thank you very much for sharing this tip! thumbs up

I figured there must be a good way to do ratcheting in Pam's and your idea of using CV to control ETrig is key.

A variation I like: Use Euclidean triggers on Channel 1 with Pulse Width of 50% and use Level on Channel 1 to control the density of ratchets. 100% for max density. Reduce to 50% or 25% for lower density. Also play with ETrig on Channel 1 to increase/decrease the number of notes with ratchets.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 [all]
Page 57 of 57