MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Author Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
resynthesize
Interesting, I looked closely at the original pam and octocontroller a few months ago when I needed a clock module. I opted for octocontroller because of the additional synced output types. but the one thing I wish the octocontroller had was cv for some of the type parameters (rate, phase, etc). I suspect we might be seeing some octocontrollers in BST soon.
ALM
Thanks - fixed ! The manual is correct re power consumption. website updated.

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Manual and site disagree on the Expanders' requirements on power. Site says Pexp-1 needs 15mA and Pexp-2 needs 25mA and manual says the opposite. Also, page 7 of the manual, first paragraph has "before before". Sorry, I write manuals for a living these days. I found a couple of other small mistakes, ALM let me know if interested.
ALM
bobbcorr wrote:
Pexp-1 added to Modulargrid. Please review and edit as necessary, thx.

Thank you! I need to fix power - my bad. Sorry.
Paranormal Patroler
ALM wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

I added Pexp-2, kept power to 15mA. Not sure if depth is indeed 38mm, do check. Thanks.
ALM
bobbcorr wrote:
Can you see a scenario in which you would need BOTH Pexp-1 and Pexp-2?

Note they are exclusive - you could maybe chain with a special cable but never tried!
albiedamned
I used the Rotate setting on the old Pam a lot, but I don't see that in the manual for the New Pam. I'm assuming there's probably another way to do this though. Can you explain?

Also one other question - what is the Envelope shape? Is it like a trapezoid maybe, with an attack, sustain, and release stage?
ALM
albiedamned wrote:
I used the Rotate setting on the old Pam a lot, but I don't see that in the manual for the New Pam. I'm assuming there's probably another way to do this though. Can you explain?

You can rotate the Euclidean patterns. This should cover prior usage? Also Phase setting.

albiedamned wrote:

Also one other question - what is the Envelope shape? Is it like a trapezoid maybe, with an attack, sustain, and release stage?

Its a simple decay only percussive type envelope.
rustyjaw
Wow this sounds sweet. The original Pam has been clocking my modular since I first got it. Sounds like this is a very worthy update!
albiedamned
ALM wrote:
albiedamned wrote:

You can rotate the Euclidean patterns. This should cover prior usage? Also Phase setting.

Does Euclidean mode respect the other settings, like width? In the old Pam's, Euclidean mode was always just a trigger. The use case I am thinking of is wanting to send a 100% step width gate every 4th beat or something similar.

ALM wrote:
albiedamned wrote:

Its a simple decay only percussive type envelope.

So doesn't that make it the same as a fully skewed triangle?
ALM
albiedamned wrote:

Does Euclidean mode respect the other settings, like width? In the old Pam's, Euclidean mode was always just a trigger. The use case I am thinking of is wanting to send a 100% step width gate every 4th beat or something similar.

Yes Euclidean does respect. So in your example, you could do a 1 trig in 4 step Euclidean Pattern and then rotate as required. You'd set width to 100%.

Alternatively you'd do a 25% at a 1/4 of the speed and then alter the phase or delay.

albiedamned wrote:

So doesn't that make it the same as a fully skewed triangle?

No as skewed triangle would be linear (env is exponential) and you couldn't alter the decay time (tri width skews, env width changes decay time).
albiedamned
Awesome! Thanks for the answers.
bobbcorr
ALM wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

Miley Cyrus
igowen
preordered the heck out of this! as much as i love the old-school flair of the display on the original pam, this looks like it adds a boatload of functionality with no additional HP cost. can't wait! It's peanut butter jelly time!
albiedamned
Pre-ordered. And I never pre-order anything.
nickbaba
where are you guys pre-ordering these?

I can't find it listed at any of the stockists...
rikrak
Any idea where I can pre-order in the UK?
digits
nickbaba wrote:
where are you guys pre-ordering these?

I can't find it listed at any of the stockists...

Control NY - preordered mines too.
atte
I'm pretty sure I'm looking at my new clock module

Anyone wants to buy my tempi?
Paranormal Patroler
atte wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm looking at my new clock module

Anyone wants to buy my tempi?

Ha! Called it. hihi (when the Tempi came out I was amazed why people hadn't been using the old Pam this way).
nickbaba
Ah OK, I see - yeah, me UK too

Can't find any UK pre-order... guess Matt will have them but he doesn't do pre's
Outtatune
Help a brother out here... is there anything a Batumi can do that this can't?
Footkerchief
Outtatune wrote:
Help a brother out here... is there anything a Batumi can do that this can't?

Batumi has independent voltage control of all four channels, enabling all kinds of cross-modulation etc.
ugokcen
Batumi can do free running (unsynced) lfos and has sliders so you can manipulate the lfo rates in real time. It also has 12 outputs as opposed to 8 on the Pam's.

I've been using Batumi for clocking Rene and I'm definitely going to get the new Pam for that. Batumi can then go back to lfo duties like vibrato, pwm etc. Best of both worlds love
Outtatune
I need both. Got it! smile My case is full so I was looking at what 8HP of clock-related kit can be swapped out for this. Perhaps my A-160-2 & A-160-5. Hmmmm...
propertyof
rikrak wrote:
Any idea where I can pre-order in the UK?

nickbaba wrote:
Ah OK, I see - yeah, me UK too

Can't find any UK pre-order... guess Matt will have them but he doesn't do pre's

Rubadub has it listed for pre-order. including the expander.
http://www.rubadub.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=pamela
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Page 2 of 57