MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klavis Twin Waves
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Klavis Twin Waves
ElTonerino
I'm still working on finishing my tracks from the summer (before the summer maybe?), but I've put this up and thought it might add something here too.

Switchzik
Evrytime I'm using the Twin wave (meaning every time I play actually), I'm amazed !
I first use it mostly as LFO but it also sounds great as a dual VCO. Just love it, simple to use but very deap module, bravo love
primco
ElTonerino wrote:
I'm still working on finishing my tracks from the summer (before the summer maybe?), but I've put this up and thought it might add something here.


I'd like to see your patch notes. Looks like you have OSC1 in random LFO mode but that would mean OSC2 is a quantized bass note and the rachety stuff is all Rampage? Rampage is where I get lost.
Bignorthumbrian
Very impressed with my Twin Wave, would adding unison sine and unison triangle be a future possibility?
ElTonerino
Quote:
I'd like to see your patch notes. Looks like you have OSC1 in random LFO mode but that would mean OSC2 is a quantized bass note and the rachety stuff is all Rampage? Rampage is where I get lost.


I should've made patch notes at the time wink

Here goes

Twin Waves
VCO 1
* LFO mode (probably Irregular Vectors)
* Out to VCO 2 in
* Sub out to Rampage channel 1 Trigger - This sends a trigger for every pitch change (thanks Zentek, I wouldn't have thought of that - especially when VCO 2 didn't have all of the algorithms, it was always the LFO)

VCO 2
* VCO Additive Even mode
* Quantizer set to something nice (probably pentatonic)
* Parameter is connected to RISING of Rampage channel 2
* Out to Lxd channel 1

Rampage
Channel 1
* Range is medium
* Trigger from TW Sub out
* Cycle is OFF
* Fall CV from MAX
* Rising to channel 2 Trigger
* Falling to channel 2 Cycle
* OUT A to Lxd channel 1 CV

Channel 2
* Range is short
* Trigger from channel 1 Rising
* Cycle is ON
* Cycle set by Falling on channel 2
* EXP CV is from MIN
* Rising to parameter of TW VCO 2
* OUT B to Lxd channel 2 CV

* B > A to Strike of channel 2 of Lxd

Lxd
Channel 1
* Input from TW VCO 2
* CV from Rampage OUT A
* Out to LEFT channel & normalled to channel 2

Channel 2
* Input from channel 1 (normalled, signal only passed when channel 1 is active)
* CV from Rampage OUT B
* Strike from B > A of Rampage
* Out to Right channel

They go off through a midiverb 2 on program 49 or 45, I can't remember which.


Channel 2 of the rampage is cycling fast whenever Channel 1 is falling, the cycling is turned off when it is rising. The cycling times are affected by the MIN of channels 1 and 2.

Sound only gets through to Lxd channel 2 when channel 1 is active. So the clicking only happens when there is other sound.


If you have any more questions about it, just ask.
Zentek
Twin Waves Firmware Update 1.25

A friendly user reported a strange behavior of his Twin Waves in a very specific configuration involving signals on both AM/FM and clock jacks. hmmm.....
Once understood, which wasn’t obvious, the bug was easily fixed. applause

The surprise came from the fact that this bug was hiding inside from day one !
As you can guess, not many people encountered the problem.
Hopefully, it didn’t escaped Ian who took the time to write us a detailed account of the issue. Thanks a lot man ! thumbs up

The audio file for the firmware update is available here: http://www.klavis.com/images/TwinWaves_1.25.zip
Zentek
Bignorthumbrian wrote:
Very impressed with my Twin Wave, would adding unison sine and unison triangle be a future possibility?

Sure, theoretically, nothing prevents us from doing that
Unfortunately, the more we add the less room remains in the flash.
We're also coming to an end to avoid cluttering the user interface and having selection lists that become too long to scroll through confused
We tried keeping the balance between instant+easy vs. plethora and confusion.
We also need time to work on future modules Rockin' Banana!
I hope that you understand.
Thank you nevertheless for the request. It might serve somewhere else. cool
MATSmile
When in quantized mode is it possible to display a note it's currently on? It will ease the tuning procedure.
pugix
Zentek wrote:

We also need time to work on future modules Rockin' Banana!
I hope that you understand.
cool


Please! Work on future modules.

Thank you, that is all.
Bignorthumbrian
Zentek wrote:
Bignorthumbrian wrote:
Very impressed with my Twin Wave, would adding unison sine and unison triangle be a future possibility?

Sure, theoretically, nothing prevents us from doing that
Unfortunately, the more we add the less room remains in the flash.
We're also coming to an end to avoid cluttering the user interface and having selection lists that become too long to scroll through confused
We tried keeping the balance between instant+easy vs. plethora and confusion.
We also need time to work on future modules Rockin' Banana!
I hope that you understand.
Thank you nevertheless for the request. It might serve somewhere else. cool


Thanks, looking forward to new modules....
Pighood
Take your time though.....your gear is so fully baked it's fappifying fap fap fap...
Kinan
Got mine for a couple of weeks and i'm very happy with it. The ergonomy is super efficient, I was kind of reluctant at first because I don't really like multi-function knobs but the design actually make jumping between channels extremely easy and clear. And it sounds very good, good choice of algorithms. I particularly like the additive/sine and the self sync ones !

Congratulations !
tthogs
I dont have this module yet but I was curious if it possible to combine the output of both vcos into one of the output jacks?
FatKingTubby
tthogs wrote:
I dont have this module yet but I was curious if it possible to combine the output of both vcos into one of the output jacks?


Nope there isn't any normalization or summing of the outs within the module. Both oscillators can share v/oct and sync inputs but the outs are always each separate oscillator algorithm and a sub square wave.
Zentek
Just because getting nice feedback makes life sweet...

I received an email from a happy user who also took the time to make a nice video.
With his permission here is what he wrote - including the link to his video.
Quote:
Hi All,

Just thought I would drop you a line to say thank you for making such a great module with the twin waves. I have been building up my small system over a couple of years now and recently purchased the Twin waves and it it is an amazing little thing !
Here is a video featuring the twin waves as the main pulse Arp. in this piece.

Best

Andy Pidcock
base615
I have two of these things and, although it would probably be a bad idea from a variety standpoint, I'm seriously considering ditching all my other oscillators and buying another couple.

The only thing I'd improve is being able to use VCA mode with both Osc 1 and the sub wave. Otherwise, it's just about the perfect VCO.
Zentek
base615 wrote:
I have two of these things and, although it would probably be a bad idea from a variety standpoint, I'm seriously considering ditching all my other oscillators and buying another couple.

The only thing I'd improve is being able to use VCA mode with both Osc 1 and the sub wave. Otherwise, it's just about the perfect VCO.

Thanks a lot for loving the TW so much. Lotsa Love we're not worthy
The additional VCA control you'd like to see is not easily implemented in terms of user interface without making the product too cryptic. As for the sub out it is a digital pin, thus without control on the amplitude.
Sure. independent VCA control would be welcome in a richer and wider module. thumbs up
As for acquiring some more, they just arrived at our new Australian retailer, Found Sound. cookie?!?

Eric
base615
Zentek wrote:
The additional VCA control you'd like to see is not easily implemented in terms of user interface without making the product too cryptic. As for the sub out it is a digital pin, thus without control on the amplitude.


Fair enough Eric. It's a minor thing anyway, just always like to free up a VCA for something else smile
apuzzone
Hi,
yesterday I was sending the Befaco Muxlicer Common I/O output of its sequencer in Twin Waves' V.Oct 1, when I noticed that at random times the quantizer skips 1 or 2 voltages. The effect is similar to a "legato": 2 different voltages sent but just 1 pitch played out for the duration of both voltages. Great to randomize sequences!!!

No Gate signal is being used. I am sending the output of Twin Waves directly to the output VCA, fully open.

This issue seems to happen on any of the voltages sent by Muxlicer. For instance, the first 10 times the 8 voltages sequence plays fine, then the next 8 voltages might play with 2 legatos. At the next round-trip, the issue is gone. It will repeat the behavior some times later. Sometimes it might go for a long time without issues (15 minutes), other times it happens within 1,2 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Zentek
apuzzone wrote:
Hi,
yesterday I was sending the Befaco Muxlicer Common I/O output of its sequencer in Twin Waves' V.Oct 1, when I noticed that at random times the quantizer skips 1 or 2 voltages. The effect is similar to a "legato": 2 different voltages sent but just 1 pitch played out for the duration of both voltages. Great to randomize sequences!!!
... ...
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

When playing a sequence of voltages as you describe, it may happen that some steps are just on the edge of quantization. Thus according to subtle fluctuations (supply, noise, static) the quantizer chooses the note up or down in a seemingly random way.
This behavior is unavoidable by design with an analog adjusted source and a quantized destination module.
To avoid the wiggling, you must subtly readjust the Befaco sliders for each dancing step to be away from the quantizer voltage edge.
apuzzone
Zentek wrote:
apuzzone wrote:
Hi,
yesterday I was sending the Befaco Muxlicer Common I/O output of its sequencer in Twin Waves' V.Oct 1, when I noticed that at random times the quantizer skips 1 or 2 voltages. The effect is similar to a "legato": 2 different voltages sent but just 1 pitch played out for the duration of both voltages. Great to randomize sequences!!!
... ...
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

When playing a sequence of voltages as you describe, it may happen that some steps are just on the edge of quantization. Thus according to subtle fluctuations (supply, noise, static) the quantizer chooses the note up or down in a seemingly random way.
This behavior is unavoidable by design with an analog adjusted source and a quantized destination module.
To avoid the wiggling, you must subtly readjust the Befaco sliders for each dancing step to be away from the quantizer voltage edge.


Thank you Zentek for your prompt reply. I was suspecting something of that kind. It makes sense.
Thanks again for this beautiful module!
lisa
I'm in love with my two Mixwitches and my Logica XT. I'm so impressed with the quality/price ratio of the Klavis modules. One of my favorite eurorack brands, for sure. love

I don't really need more oscillators in my setup but I've been eyeing Twin Waves for quite a while and today I decided to dedicate my last 8hp to another clever Klavis module. It'll arrive in a few days and I'm stoked to make the acquaintance.
Pighood
lisa wrote:
I'm in love with my two Mixwitches and my Logica XT. I'm so impressed with the quality/price ratio of the Klavis modules. One of my favorite eurorack brands, for sure. love

I don't really need more oscillators in my setup but I've been eyeing Twin Waves for quite a while and today I decided to dedicate my last 8hp to another clever Klavis module. It'll arrive in a few days and I'm stoked to make the acquaintance.


It’s a wee cousin of the DPO with its own charm...tonnes of funne to be had when using an LFO and modulating a VCO, all without leaving the module itself.
lisa
Pighood wrote:
It’s a wee cousin of the DPO with its own charm..

I don't know if I agree fully. What are the similarities except that both has two oscillators?
Pighood
lisa wrote:
Pighood wrote:
It’s a wee cousin of the DPO with its own charm..

I don't know if I agree fully. What are the similarities except that both has two oscillators?


Fourth cousin, thrice removed. The duality is the ONLY similarity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 10 of 12
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group