MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klavis Twin Waves
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Author Klavis Twin Waves
Utopian
lisa wrote:
Smooth update, supported by "all is well" signs from the LEDs and the screen. Xaoc should look this way. wink

Not to mention Erica synths...
sir stony
sir stony wrote:
...and if I feel the need to double up one particular vco module, it'll be that one.

Stayed true to my word. Mr. Green
Pighood
^ quadwaves fap fap fap...fap fap fap...
smithjohn
Got one of these recently, great module!
Tried modulating osc 1 parameter with osc 2 at audio rates the other day with both oscs set to sine, some pretty cool sounds came out Guinness ftw!

Is it just me or is using the through zero FM a bit difficult to get melodic sounds? The Lin FM gives those easily with proper ratios.
soon_come
Still love this module to death.

Zentek, I have one small feature request I’d like to add to the laundry list that Twin Waves already has… I love the built-in quantizer feature, but is it possible to add a slew feature to Oscillator 1, possibly controlled via the VCA input in a special mode? The reason I ask is that without this, if you’re using the built-in quantizer, it’s impossible to get portamento. Portamento would require both an external quantizer *and* a slew module, which I don’t have room for in my mobile rack. Any thoughts on this possibility?

Even easier / better implementation: automatic legato portamento (fingered glide) with some constant defined in the settings. In quantized mode, if the pitch changes without the gate going off, it would slew the pitch automatically based on this setting (amount of time, and maybe linear vs expo if a second setting is easy).

Insane idea? I think it’d be incredibly powerful. Thanks for a fantastic module as-is.
Zentek
soon_come wrote:
Zentek, I have one small feature request I’d like to add to the laundry list that Twin Waves already has… I love the built-in quantizer feature, but is it possible to add a slew feature to Oscillator 1, possibly controlled via the VCA input in a special mode?

I have a strange feeling of déjà vu with your request; I think I've already replied elsewhere to the same suggestion. hmmm.....

Unfortunately, even without thinking of actual implementation, the stumbling block is that we are at the very end of the CPU resources.
In order to allow selecting any algo freely in both sections (something not available initially), much code as been rewritten for speed because otherwise it crashed.

Currently, in several instances of specific algo combinations we are dancing around 99% resources.
There is definitely no room left to add any real-time computation feature, how light it seems. cry

Thank you for the suggestion and for the kind words.

Eric
soon_come
Hi there, lightning fast response, thanks! I actually emailed you about it a while ago but figured it was lost in the shuffle. Sorry about that. I understand re: CPU. I do wonder why I’ve never seen slew as a meta-parameter in any quantizer...

Anyway, keep up the great work!
Richard deHove
I saw on the Perfect Circuit site a review where they say you can lock the tuning on these. Then, even between power cycles, they stay in tune. I've no reason to doubt this but can someone confirm this is true?

I'm looking for a new polyphonic oscillator setup so getting a pair of these and not having to constantly tune them would be a huge plus!

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/klavis-twin-waves.html
synonymist
Richard deHove wrote:
I saw on the Perfect Circuit site a review where they say you can lock the tuning on these. Then, even between power cycles, they stay in tune. I've no reason to doubt this but can someone confirm this is true?

I'm looking for a new polyphonic oscillator setup so getting a pair of these and not having to constantly tune them would be a huge plus!

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/klavis-twin-waves.html

It is true, Richard. Ref. the manual:

http://www.klavis.com/images/Klavis---Twin-waves-manual-V1.7.pdf

Note both the instruction for toggling locking and the caveat in the "Troubleshooting" section.
Richard deHove
Thanks! I wish these had of crossed my path months ago when first looking at polyphony. I'll keep a lookout now for some good deals smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Page 12 of 12