MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Korb-Modular] Online-Shop launched
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author [Korb-Modular] Online-Shop launched
koerby
Hello Wigglers,

just a little bit shameless self-promition for my online-shop.

https://www.korb-modular.com/shop

Can can find there PCB, Panel or PCB/Panel - Combos for my modules:

- PUSHER
- DVCA
- DLFO

Futher informations under: https://github.com/Korb-Modular
Detailed build instructions will follow soon

You can find demos and other stuff on my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4eI7EBcDDWPTaBB0RoV9Gg

or here: https://www.korb-modular.com/
Feel free to contact me at: info@korb-modular.com

Synesthesia
Great Modules, Great prices!

Fantastic smile
bemerritt
Going to work on a Mouser cart for these unless anyone is one step ahead of me.
FetidEye
wow, nice panel art!!
EATyourGUITAR
good luck! thumbs up
woodster
Love the Pusher applause
I want 2
bemerritt
First cart I have shared so hopefully this works. Here it is for Pusher:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=3148b faeb0

Basically just went off the github BOM, didnt hunt down the cheapest resistors as I already had all of the passives on hand.

Does not include jacks, pots, arduino or sensors. I did happen to find the sensors on Mouser, though they only had 5 listed in stock and I got 4 of them. There did look like there might be a couple other on there though.
Zensac
Looks very nice!

Are you also going to add the Folder module to the shop? I just watched the Youtube demo and it sounds amazing!
loderbast
Very cool. affordable, open source, option to just get the pcb - just how i like it.
i'll get at least one pusher for sure.
bemerritt
Zensac wrote:
Looks very nice!

Are you also going to add the Folder module to the shop? I just watched the Youtube demo and it sounds amazing!

I think the folder is still I little ways off. But also vey excited for it.
koerby
bemerritt wrote:

I think the folder is still I little ways off. But also vey excited for it.

it's not far away, but I'm still not sure if I release the module "as it is", or if I should implement the last feature seriously, i just don't get it
Eric the Red
Implement the last feature!!

-Eric
GryphonP3
Quite cool! Love the 4hp modules. Great function vs form factor! Those LFOs look very useful, with 2 channels of 3 simultaneous waveforms each per module.
bemerritt
Just finished pusher. Thought I'd post some pics that might help those that come after me.

Finished Module

Picx of how the sensors areplaced and orientation of the nano.

Flashed the firmware using Xloader

Overall it was a great build. Build doc was super helpful with pin locations and test voltages. Luckily i didn't need to troubleshoot, but if i did, all the info was there. Yes it is 0603 SMD, but no fine pitched ics or microchips, so relatively easy. I'd say Pusher easier than O+C easier than Mutable.

Quick video showing cv out mapped to format of a mangrove and pressure out inverted and mapped to the frequency of 3 sisters. DVCA and DLFO up next.

Cryaaa
Hello there, just ordered some PCB's and was wondering how important the resettable fuses are/what they do and if they could be replaced because I'm having a hard time finding them in german shops.
koerby
Cryaaa wrote:
Hello there, just ordered some PCB's and was wondering how important the resettable fuses are/what they do and if they could be replaced because I'm having a hard time finding them in german shops.

Hi,
from a functional point of view, the module can live without the fuse.
They are just important in the case of an solder issue.

Marcus
yan6
Where can I find the BOM and/or build docs. I tried the github but the files are corrupted and either wouldn't open or download seriously, i just don't get it anyone else have troubles with this or just me hmmm.....
koerby
yan6 wrote:
Where can I find the BOM and/or build docs. I tried the github but the files are corrupted and either wouldn't open or download seriously, i just don't get it anyone else have troubles with this or just me hmmm.....

no one else reporting this issue

drop me a short line: info@korb-modular.com
Shoggoth
These look great! Pusher and the DLFO have piqued my interest.
Shoggoth
Ordered the Pusher pcb/panel too. Only $29 shipped to US - great price. I found that Adafruit was selling FSR's through Mouser with this Mouser part #: 485-166

I found one other .5 FSR as well on Mouser. They are a bit fiddly to find.

I'm doing all the pots, knobs, Arduino headers, and a few ICs (TLXX, regulators) through Tayda. I don't think I saw the jumper on the BOM - grabbing that from Tayda as well.

Been wanting a touch controller module for awhile and held off grabbing a Pressure Points - glad I did!
koerby
Quote:

Ordered the Pusher pcb/panel too. Only $29 shipped to US - great price. I found that Adafruit was selling FSR's through Mouser with this Mouser part #: 485-166

I found one other .5 FSR as well on Mouser. They are a bit fiddly to find.

I'm doing all the pots, knobs, Arduino headers, and a few ICs (TLXX, regulators) through Tayda. I don't think I saw the jumper on the BOM - grabbing that from Tayda as well.

Been wanting a touch controller module for awhile and held off grabbing a Pressure Points - glad I did!

Hey Shoggoth

thanks for your order, which jumper do you miss? If it's JP1, you can use a solder bridge. No need for a jumper.

Marcus
Shoggoth
Just finished my build for Pusher last night. I had built 2 O+Cs before and I think this might have been only a little more difficult because of the 0603 size. Pretty straightforward build and my only issue was that I got the diode directions mixed up. After I fixed that it worked perfect.

Also, I bought a cheap Nano clone off eBay and had some trouble finding drivers. Neither the drivers that came with the Arduino IDE nor the drivers from the FTDI site worked. It just said USB2.0-Serial in the Windows Device Manager. The eBay listing had CH340 in the title, which apparently means there is a different USB-Serial chip than the normal versions. I used the driver below, and then uploaded the Pusher.hex file with xLoader no problem.

http://www.arduined.eu/ch340g-converter-windows-7-driver-download/
Shoggoth
when multiple FSRs are touched, all outputs turn off - is that normal? If so, can that be changed via firmware?
koerby
Hi

yes this is the normal behavior. i implemented this in that way because the Main Press Out is not controlled by an DAC, instead it was implemented as an Summing amplifier.
Therefore I decided the "Monophonic" solution, otherwise the single voltages would be added up at the Main-Press Out.
I am working on a new Firmware right now maybe i'll find a better solution

Marcus
Shoggoth
Cool! Personally, I could see myself using both the current mono setup and a poly setup where the press voltage was summed. Would be awesome if that was a user setting. My poly usage was to setup individual press or gate outs to control a different parameter of a patch (ex: Clouds freeze, Clouds trig, Clouds position, VCF cutoff) and use two simultaneously at some points.

Reserving the settings menu for all four FSRs at once still makes sense to me if poly was implemented. If it was really a hassle you could change the settings menu to be accessible only if an FSR was held at start up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3