MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Opinion about Behringer D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]

Would you buy it?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 140 ]
Maybe
29%
 29%  [ 167 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 268 ]
Total Votes : 575

Author Opinion about Behringer D
Dinius
What do you guys think about Behringer prototype clone of the Minimoog Model D.

Details & Pics

dumbledog
Not in the market for one as my bases on that area are covered but hell good luck to 'em
nectarios
Waiting for demos before passing judgement, hence, maybe.
starthief
Voted no because I'm not really looking for that sound, not because I think they are bad and wrong or something.
evanh41
I don't need it personally. But I'm sure in the price range it's in, it's got potential to be someone's first synth, of which could be something pretty special.
Trebbers
If they add a bunch more CV control then maybe.
paterursus
I voted no mindful of the fact that it's an early prototype and may change. That being said I don't understand the design tradeoffs at this point. If you just want to make a MiniMoog clone, then make it full-size or very close to it. If you want to enter the Eurorack market, understand that modular users are (voltage) control freaks, and we like to have our patch points. The Roland System-1M was much more CV-interactive than this, and even that fell short of what a lot of people were hoping for. If Behringer were to make this a bit more controllable at a slightly higher price point, I think it could be a success.
RussiaZero23
paterursus wrote:
I voted no mindful of the fact that it's an early prototype and may change. That being said I don't understand the design tradeoffs at this point. If you just want to make a MiniMoog clone, then make it full-size or very close to it. If you want to enter the Eurorack market, understand that modular users are (voltage) control freaks, and we like to have our patch points. The Roland System-1M was much more CV-interactive than this, and even that fell short of what a lot of people were hoping for. If Behringer were to make this a bit more controllable at a slightly higher price point, I think it could be a success.

I agree, If you are going to go into eurorack you better have a bunch of patch points and break out every part of it. as it stands IF it nails the sound I would get it for the price point, but not for the Modular system.
The Illuminaire
The price per HP at this point is so low that it is borderline questionable.

The lack of ample CV options is an immediate detractor for me.

Usually I am not one to bitch about clones - and I understand the offerings hit completely different price-points and by effect, different target audience -but the timing of this one is just poor, considering the Moog reissue did not happen too long ago whatsoever.

And besides, I have no interest in Model D clone or even a Model D reissue. I owned an original alongside a Taurus I and suffice to say, that was an utterly fantastic time in vintage land.

I was just meant for CV city.
GuyaGuy
71HP meh
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-behringer-d
Acquadar
For me beringher Mean trash. I dont want to have it in my studio.
Eagleclaw
I've heard the beringher synth people is a whole different department than the rest of berhigner.
Joe.
GuyaGuy wrote:
71HP meh

hihi

Yeah, this is going to go great sad banana
Fiddlestickz
reckon it will come out to be 84hp and yes I will buy one without fail.
Christopher Winkels
I am incapable of saying anything but "Maybe" until I hear it, see it in person, and get a feel for it.
david_r
Maybe here also. Too early to commit.
franman69
Depends on how it sounds.. I'd grab it in a Euro Minute if it's close to as thick and lush as a real D.
albiedamned
Is this actually eurorack? The pictures look like a standalone desktop unit. It has outputs and power in the back/top.
ignatius
aren't there 2 or 3 threads on this thing already?
GuyaGuy
albiedamned wrote:
Is this actually eurorack? The pictures look like a standalone desktop unit. It has outputs and power in the back/top.

"Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case"

ignatius wrote:
aren't there 2 or 3 threads on this thing already?

Oh I'm sure we'll see more...
jupiter8
At first i thought it was kinda pointless and unimaginative but now i'm more like, yeah why not ? It's really cheap and i think of the euroformat more as an added bonus. If you want it you can mount it with the rest of the gear,out of the way.

And sure more patchpoints would be nice but i like to think of it for what it is. A cheap monosynth enhancement to your rig with at least some patchpoints. If it sounds great,even better.

On a slightly different note,i think to many people see mainly what they would want it to be rather than just judge it for what it is. This is more directed to another forum i frequent than this one but it's around here too.
tuj
music deserves democratization

Behringer is correct that something of $200 worth of parts shouldn't be out of people's reach. Uli is right, I hope he is successful.
Kent
Eagleclaw wrote:
I've heard the beringher synth people is a whole different department than the rest of berhigner.

That really informs us of nothing. Are the power amp people different from the guitar people? Probably. What does that tell us? Nothing.
Kent
Cheap and near-disposable knock-offs from a company that has very questionable ethics of the sort that have been proven in various courts of law. But oh no, we want one so we will manufacture rationale to support our intital and largely unnecessary gear lust.
cane creek
Great stuff, id buy one if i wanted a Moog clone in my case applause

I think its funny when people say "Cheap"

Have you tried to buy cheap components nowadays ? even the cheap ones are good quality.
Do you honestly think the SMD Resistors/Capacitors they put in the Deepmind12 are any different to the ones in a SUB37 ? hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7