MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ginko Synthese Tool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Ginko Synthese Tool
veets
Just popped over to the Ginko website and saw this: Tool

Has anyone heard a demo?

(Couldn't find anything on MW about this. Sorry if this has already been discussed.)
atte
Seems nice, would love to play with it w00t
Latzenpratz
i received my tool kit last friday.
First i have to build it, but right now there isn't a firmware download...
1n
Is this a DIY-programmed Disting-type utility module?
daynehacks
Is there anywhere in North America to get one?
Latzenpratz
The first software has arrived!
http://www.ginkosynthese.com/product/tool-diy-kit/
flab
ah , nice good price for a kit, and i was looking to buy the 2hp freeze, that looks like a much better choice
Snatti
Any news on how well Tool works once built? The price/feature set looks promising, sort of 'Disting on a budget'. Is it as good in practice as it looks on paper?
Danbert75
I ordered my kit direct from the Ginko Synthese site and built it last weekend. It was a pretty easy build - I did it back to back with a grains and they're very similar. So far the arduino sketches available are pretty limited - four are available and cover LFO/Envelope and I think a noise function so far.

Hopefully there will be a few more functions along soon.

It's mission statement is very disting like, but it's limited display options (two programmable LEDs) mean that each sketch is basically one function with some options and you have to re-flash the arduino to change function.

It looks very hackable though - if you ever wanted to experiment with some chaos signal generating type algorythms or physics model style bouncing ball style CV generation this has to be a good platform to try it on.
toneburst
I don't have one, but it seems quite a long way from a Disting, really. It only has an 8-bit microprocessor, and can only generate CV values.Disting is 32-bit, and has both audio and CV capabilities (and those lovely RGB-illuminated sockets).

That said, it's probably pretty useful if you know your Arduino sh*t and are prepared to get your hands dirty coding your own CV-generating/processing utilities.

How useful it's going to be to anyone else largely depends on if any coders produce and share sketches for it.

a|x
Danbert75
It has a dac to allow it to do CVs, but can Audio as well along the same lines as grains. One of the four arduino sketches available so far does noise.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1