MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

capacitor advice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author capacitor advice
Blake Smith
Hi there,

I'm getting parts together for the HVM project and the builders guide indicates a number of polyester film caps are required. I have some polypropylene type wima film caps on hand in some of the values required and am wondering if they can be used just as easily, or if there are some performance differences that would make a difference there. I'm not overly knowledgable about capacitors unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Synthbuilder
Blake Smith wrote:
I have some polypropylene type wima film caps on hand in some of the values required and am wondering if they can be used just as easily...

If they fit on the board then they'll work very well. Polypropylene capacitors are actually better specified than polyester in audio applications.

Tony
Blake Smith
Thanks for the advice, sounds like they'll do the trick. They aren't any wider than the other film caps I've used so they'll probably fit with the other components on the board.

I asked a similar question in another forum, and after filtering out a bunch of discussion about film and c0g ceramics that is a bit over my head right now, the consensus seems that a lot of people like the polypropylene for audio a little bit better than polyester.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1