MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel Reverb & delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel Reverb & delay
ritchiedrums
TWO Questions here:
1) Has anybody done a mod to control the decay of the internal reverb?

2) What delays are you using with your Easel/Buchla systems?
Looking for something to use live in real time........ screaming goo yo
vgermuse
ritchiedrums wrote:
TWO Questions here:
1) Has anybody done a mod to control the decay of the internal reverb?

2) What delays are you using with your Easel/Buchla systems?
Looking for something to use live in real time........ screaming goo yo

Strymon El Capistan and either Blue Sky or Big Sky. thumbs up
weary
Hi, ritchiedrums!
1) Easel have a real spring tank. This tanks have no decay control at all.

2) I use strymon big sky for reverb. It has more reverb machines than blue sky.
For delay I use Roland RE-201 Space echo, Moogerfooger MF-104M or Boss RE-20. MF-104M is my favorite.
island
Hi,
1.) No
2.) Strymon DIG
thumbs up
sparks
2. For reverb and delay I like my Eventide stompboxes (H9, Space, TimeFactor) but I would also like to mention the Malekko EKKO 616 MKII DARK (https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/product/ekko-616-dark/) which i think works really really well with the Easel.

Not the most versatile delay but it has a really nice tone and is relatively cheap for what it does. Ninja

(Last sentence is debatable, I know)
paranoidmoonduck
I use both OTO boxes (Bim and Bam) as my delay/reverb for the Easel, sometime with a CT5 sitting in there. I love the lo-fi Bim settings and the "Ambient" algorithm on the Bam for playing with the Easel, but I'm a little jealous of the Big Sky's shimmer setting.

You hear this in a lot of solo Easel work, where shimmer can add an additional high-freq "voice" that winds up making stuff feel a little more complete. The CT5 can do its own form of re-pitching, but it comes across differently. Currently considering adding a dedicated shimmer pedal...
Sosean
I use a Peavey SRP-16 reverb pedal with an Ibanez PDM1 modulation delay. I tend not to use the spring reverb on the easel due to the Mod Osc bleed.

search64
Slight necrobump.

I'm seeing a lot of delay pedals that have tap tempo, but which ones have a clock input? I know the Boss DD pedals have that, but are there any more?
island
Strymon DIG
search64
island wrote:
Strymon DIG

Really? In the Exp. pedal input? By the same logic, El Capistan could also be clocked like that?
chrisdermo
search64 wrote:
Slight necrobump.

I'm seeing a lot of delay pedals that have tap tempo, but which ones have a clock input? I know the Boss DD pedals have that, but are there any more?

Clock input doesn't work on these as the tap tempo input cuts the delay until the tapping stops. That's the way my DD-7 performs anyway.
island
search64 wrote:
island wrote:
Strymon DIG

Really?
Yes razz
search64 wrote:
In the Exp. pedal input?
accurate!

search64 wrote:
By the same logic, El Capistan could also be clocked like that?
Oh, I think it would be exact same, but I don't not know realy - I havn't an El Capistan meh
search64
Cool! This doesn't have the same limitations as the DD7 as mentioned above?
island
I synchronised the DIG via Easel Pulser, works great. Only a tempo change of the Pulser, have a delay on the DIG.

Sample:
[s]https://soundcloud.com/insel/sinnloswav[/s]
search64
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
chrisdermo
search64 wrote:
Cool! This doesn't have the same limitations as the DD7 as mentioned above?

This got me thinking, it could just need a simple switch to cut the clock signal. I.E. feed the clock signal to a switch, and from the switch to the tap tempo input, flick the switch to connect the 2 for three ticks to get the DD-7 to latch on, then flick it off to disconnect. You'd have to do this every time you changed speed though. Will experiment later.
mutierend
island wrote:
I synchronised the DIG via Easel Pulser, works great. Only a tempo change of the Pulser, have a delay on the DIG.

Sorry for my noob question, but can you explain how you did this?
island
mutierend wrote:
island wrote:

Sorry for my noob question, but can you explain how you did this?

Oh this isn't a silly question, on the contrary. I wil try it (sorry for my bad english very frustrating ) My way is a little tricky. Because the Pulser output is to low a little bit, for the ext. Input of the DIG. So I use the CV-Proc of the 202h from my Snoopy to push up the Pulser output. With this short detour it works perfect. thumbs up
I hope it helps.
Regards
Detlef
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1