MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doubleknot is the GOAT
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Doubleknot is the GOAT
dogoftears


doubleknot sequencing bugbrand
edit: almost forgot. lots of hordijk blippoo as well in these.
hendyamps michelangelo on master bus
presented in S T E R E O for your listening pleasure
part 1

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/its-berenstein[/s]
dogoftears
part 2
now featuring SIDRAX

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317563094" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
dogoftears
part 3
almost forgot
BLIPPOO in all of these
interacting with DK (rungler outs often to bugs)

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317570984" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
dogoftears
part 4
more phasey madness

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317576522" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
DubRules
Id eat dat soups..
dogoftears
DubRules wrote:
Id eat dat soups..


please be warned it is not kosher for passover.
dogoftears
part 5
last one for today. more tomorrow. njoi

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317596220" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
dogoftears
part 6
friday power
this one has count to 5 pedal

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317694227" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
dogoftears
part 7
more ct5 pedal
stumbling clock mods

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317697766" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
BugBrand
Great listening!
Can you make them into a set on soundcloud?
More!
Sounds like you've got a very fun setup for play (and recording) going and the depth of sounds, recording, spatialization etc. are top notch!
dogoftears
BugBrand wrote:
Great listening!
Can you make them into a set on soundcloud?
More!
Sounds like you've got a very fun setup for play (and recording) going and the depth of sounds, recording, spatialization etc. are top notch!


yeah i'm gonna do that, still uploading a couple more. thanks for the words, tom!
it's all mixed on the SSL X-Desk/X-Panda, live. many outboard EQ's used, but no compression. Michelangelo on the master bus as mentioned. And it's all mixed LCR, the only true stereo element is a digital reverb on one of the fx sends, it's going to my computer and thru U-He Zrev, and sometimes some other plugs, and only used selectively on some parts.
dogoftears
part 8
took out ct5 pedal, brought in spring tanker

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317712894" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
dogoftears
okay i added the last one, part 9, and made them into a playlist.
here it is--

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/315830205" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

direct link-- http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/sets/goatsession01

i'll prolly master these and offer them for free download on my website soon.
of course, session02 is to come...
Nelson Baboon
ah - you are encountering the current issue with playlists also.....

I finally listened to most of the tracks today, since I was initially inspired to take out my DoubleKnots (a quadruple knot?) after beginning to listen. That I suppose is the truest compliment.

it's always interesting to hear what you do with some of the same instruments that I have - we have a very different approach. There is some real musical wit here, I actually laughed a couple of times, but I mean that in the most positive way. I liked the tracks, for the most part, progressively more as they went on.

Great stuff.
batchas
Wooa. There's a lot going on in all these tracks SlayerBadger!

Sounds like you're really having fun with these machines!!!
dogoftears
Nelson Baboon wrote:
ah - you are encountering the current issue with playlists also.....

I finally listened to most of the tracks today, since I was initially inspired to take out my DoubleKnots (a quadruple knot?) after beginning to listen. That I suppose is the truest compliment.

it's always interesting to hear what you do with some of the same instruments that I have - we have a very different approach. There is some real musical wit here, I actually laughed a couple of times, but I mean that in the most positive way. I liked the tracks, for the most part, progressively more as they went on.

Great stuff.


thanks babz
yeah i like to think of it as funny as well... stand up synthesis or somesuch
that's why i give em funny names, and a funny theme.
at the same time i wanna have a kind of musical adventure where the listener forgets where they are, something kind of dark and ominous. it's a dichotomy, and i like the way it plays out in these tracks
dogoftears
batchas wrote:
Wooa. There's a lot going on in all these tracks SlayerBadger!

Sounds like you're really having fun with these machines!!!


thanks
fun is important. maybe the most important factor in making electronic music for me. if i'm not having fun during the creative process then there is little point. the doubleknot to me is one of the more fun synths of all time. it has an immediacy and a layout that is at once totally grokkable and yet totally bizarre. so fun that i made this whole album in just a few days, cus the box is inspiring in that way, it makes me wanna go in the studio and patch, and it gives me ideas when i'm sitting at the couch.

when i first got the DK i just kept it in the living room for a couple weeks and entertained guests with it on my "downstairs setup"... no recording, no other synths, just self patching the DK. wow talk about analog meditation. i lost a lot of hours this way!

i do wonder what 2 DK's would do, but im more wondering what a DK/Cocoquantus combination would sound like. i feel like these two were made for each other. (i dont have a coco tho, will have to borrow a friends)
chrisdermo
dogoftears wrote:


i do wonder what 2 DK's would do, but im more wondering what a DK/Cocoquantus combination would sound like. i feel like these two were made for each other. (i dont have a coco tho, will have to borrow a friends)


Did you ever borrow a friends coco to try out with the DK? Would love to hear the results.
Just coming back to this soundcloud set after listening when you first posted - really great listening! It's peanut butter jelly time!
dogoftears
chrisdermo wrote:
dogoftears wrote:


i do wonder what 2 DK's would do, but im more wondering what a DK/Cocoquantus combination would sound like. i feel like these two were made for each other. (i dont have a coco tho, will have to borrow a friends)


Did you ever borrow a friends coco to try out with the DK? Would love to hear the results.
Just coming back to this soundcloud set after listening when you first posted - really great listening! It's peanut butter jelly time!


naw, not yet. i do still think that would be money, especially cross patching the quantussy section over. unfortunately i don't own a coco, and my friend who used to let me borrow his moved to minnesota waah

i am still using the DK quite a bit-- mostly for "auxiliary" percussion and FM sounds in the backgrounds of psytrance tracks. haven't done too much IDM/generative patching in a minute. hopefully GOAT2 coming soon though!

thank you for the kind words and bump! at some point i will try to properly master all of this material and offer it as a free digital download on my website.
phisynth
Nice tracks ! Love the titles too lol

(my favorite being Septic Tank Overflow Techno)

It has reactivated my lust for the DK, despite having too much gear already.

I particularly wonder what would emerge from pairing it with my dual Benjolin w00t
dogoftears
phisynth wrote:
Nice tracks ! Love the titles too lol

(my favorite being Septic Tank Overflow Techno)

It has reactivated my lust for the DK, despite having too much gear already.

I particularly wonder what would emerge from pairing it with my dual Benjolin w00t


thanks Phi! i think you would get a big kick out of the DK, it would suit your jams.
lately been using it for "simple" accompaniments and less modulation of the rest of the patch. i've used it a bit with blippoo, feeding the rungler CVs to the recirculate inputs, very cool results!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group