MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing ADDAC101 .WAV Player
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Introducing ADDAC101 .WAV Player
D/A A/D
It is way more awesome than the price... This will be going in the digital euro rack.
haesslich
VanEck wrote:

a CV controllable sampler/granulizer/looper seems reasonable to me. That's even cheaper than a Tyme Sefari.

wait, did i miss something? i thought the ADDAC thing plays back samples from sd card, it doesn't sample by itself, does it?
VanEck
Quote:

wait, did i miss something? i thought the ADDAC thing plays back samples from sd card, it doesn't sample by itself, does it?

No it doesn't sample/record on the fly. Yes you manipulate the samples contained on the SD card. To my knowledge, that still makes it a sampler yes?
Mans
VanEck wrote:
Quote:

No it doesn't sample/record on the fly. Yes you manipulate the samples contained on the SD card. To my knowledge, that still makes it a sampler yes?

Not in the traditional sense no.
giorgio
sample player

close enough
computer controlled
VanEck wrote:
computer controlled wrote:
I was all about it, until i saw the price.

very frustrating

Too much $$$ for me. I'm out.

waah

I thought the price was pretty decent. It converts to about $360 USD.

Under $400 for a CV controllable sampler/granulizer/looper seems reasonable to me. That's even cheaper than a Tyme Sefari.

I can definitely see this thing fitting into my live rig right next to my Tyme Sefari, and also having a lot of fun with it in the studio. I've been hoping something like this would come out sine I got into Eurorack.

I reserved one w00t

Really? I thought it would be closer to $600. If that's the case, nm then, i'm again happy nanners
Monobass
ok.. so my Olympus LS-10 records to SD cards so I got excited I could use this without needing to involve a computer.....

but it only records at 44.1khz or above. damn shame this module is only 22khz... I'd have to actually use a computer to lower the quality of my samples smile

Any chance of a 44.1 version? it's a great module.

Out of interest do the files have to be in the root of the SD card or will it automatically search through folders? Just thinking that if anyone does have a device which does record to an SD card at 22hz, then the recorder might stick them in a predetermined folder which you can't change.

e.g. my olympus puts the files into folders called DSS_FLDA, DSS_FLDB, DSS_FLDC etc.
giorgio
does no one else care about 1v/oct response? has everyone gone drone/noise????
Monobass
giorgio wrote:

no?????
D/A A/D
fredguy wrote:
Where's the head explodes emoticon?
w00t

dave

authorless
rafe127 wrote:
This looks very interesting, but am I correct that there is no way to sync it?

...an "end-of-loop" gate output or a "reset loop" gate input would have been necessary for me to get this.

It should be easy to fake: really short loop, linear attack envelope (Maths would work) feeding the start point CV in. As the Voltage from the envelope sweeps through sample it should, in effect, granular time stretch it. Then you have the end of attack out from the Maths. Plus you could mess with the response curve of the envelope to have the sample play back a little differently. Feed a control voltage into the sample rate input and you could really start mangling the sample. And you could retrigger the envelope to restart the sample.

It could even work on single cycle waveforms feeding the start position CV a rising sawtooth wave from an oscillator to fake it tracking 1v/oct. I think.
Scaff
giorgio wrote:

This was also my first thought. Without its less fun and not a sampler in my eyes. But its named waveplayer...
haesslich
it's based on the ladyada wave shield for arduino, so one could have a look to her SD card and wave file playback library SD card and wave file playback library and see what's possible.
i'm absolutely thrilled by the possibilities which the modules designer worked out of the arduino / wave shield combination!

right now i did not have a closer look, but maybe the 22khz is a limit by means of playback buffer and file access. regarding 1V/octave: could the playback sample rate be scaled (e.g. by a look up table) to get it from linear scaled to 1V/oct?
Fidgit
with very powerful DSPs and FPGAs which start appearing more and more often in modules, i predict this is just the first impression of some quite sophisticated modules with features we haven't seen yet. thumbs up

i assume some other manufacturers have some pretty exiting stuff on their drawing boards already.
ST UF FLI N EAR
wow, this is enormously great!
sabasan
great........ that's the missing euro
11ish
ordered nanners
bunkdata
Same here, ordered! Looking forward to this one!
Oldstench
Awesome, a modular version of one of my favorite things to do with Reaktor. That's really cool.
weinglas
Ordered 2 SlayerBadger!
l e b e r
anyone got any user reports on these yet...or have they not got off the shelves yet?>>
johnnywoods
l e b e r wrote:
anyone got any user reports on these yet...or have they not got off the shelves yet?>>

I got a brief demo from Andre when I was in Lisbon. There was a bug in the software, so it wasn't up to 100% function, but I can definitely attest to the following:

-the build quality is excellent. He showed me bits of his development process, and everything is very well thought out from a design/ construction perspective.
-before I saw it in person, I didn't get a sense of how multi-faceted it can be. The built in envelope follower and vca make it a really cool tool for generating cv sequences and gates. You could create a bunch of .wav files just for this purpose, and run it like a sequencer with voltage controlled pattern switching and adjustable looping. I'm thinking of getting one for this purpose alone!
-Andre didn't have samples available to demonstrate, but I asked if it could switch samples fast enough to act as a wavetable oscillator, and he said although he hadn't tested it, it should be able to do it.
-it sounds GREAT. I was expecting it to sound grungy (on account of the low sample rate), but it sounded beautiful.

Basically, it's a quality module. Andre really puts a lot of time/ effort/ and thought into this system. For the price, it's incredible what you get. And from what I gathered, software updates are on the horizon which will expand its possibilities even further.

I'll be ordering one the day AH has them in stock!
l e b e r
hey johnnywoods. thanks for the report. thumbs up
tuj
how do I get one?
johnnywoods
AH has a bunch on order. I would guess they are probably nearing completion, but Andre is a one man show, and there is a lot of soldering to be done.
Be patient? seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3