MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Transistor Superladder VCF Linear input
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Transistor Superladder VCF Linear input
terjewinther
I have the old Transistor Superladder filter, the triple-width panel, and a PCB from June 2004. The filter is working great and sounds good.

Should LIN CV input be able to handle negative CVs?
I ask because given a triangle LFO (positive and negative going) or an inverted envelope the filter gives off a clear thud when the CV input goes negative (both going from zero to negative and from negative to zero). Various settings of the lin CV input pot makes no difference, unless it is so low almost no CV comes through, of course.

All the other inputs handle negative CVs with no problem at all, and positive-going CVs in the LIN CV input works perfectly as expected.
I search the docs, but there was no mention of this, not anything to calibrate (the CV goes through an input pot anyway).

This has been my main filter for years, but I have never used the lin CV with negative CVs before, so it is only now that I discover this.
Synthbuilder
terjewinther wrote:

Only partly. Any LIN CV more negative than -2V will stop the filter dead. Dead Banana

Tony
Synthbuilder
terjewinther wrote:
Various settings of the lin CV input pot makes no difference, unless it is so low almost no CV comes through, of course.

But reading that does suggest that R82 is the wrong value. It should be 100K. Which means that -2V would indeed stop the audio from the filter but only if the LIN CV pot was up full. At half way point it would need around -4V to kill it. If any negative voltage is killing the audio then R82 would have to be very low.

Tony
terjewinther
Synthbuilder wrote:
terjewinther wrote:

Only partly. Any LIN CV more negative than -2V will stop the filter dead. Dead Banana

Tony

Aha! OK, will have to check that. If that is indeed the case, then it is working properly.
terjewinther
Synthbuilder wrote:
terjewinther wrote:

Tony

You are so right! Tested it today, and indeed anything lower than -2V and the filter is completely silent. Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1