MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Nathan Moody’s Études I: Blue Box (new Eurorack record)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Nathan Moody’s Études I: Blue Box (new Eurorack record)
mdoudoroff
Check this new record from noisejockey:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=331322800 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

https://nathanmoody.bandcamp.com/album/tudes-i-blue-box

Save for whatever post-production he did, it’s all made on his carefully-configured, Easel-esque, compact rack:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/297863

So inspiring!
igowen
wow, i am really digging this! that's an impressive amount of multimbrality for such a tiny system.
Worwell
Very impressive.
digits
So good - what a beautiful album. Thanks for the heads up!
The Illuminaire
Nathan is an awesome dude. This release is equally as great!
JonathanBedrava
I love it!
Hainbach
Such a good concept and execution! Had the pleasure of an early listen, seeing this out in the world is great!
Futuresound
Great stuff. Very impressive reduction and focus in the toolset too.
jasev
Lke
dash80
Gorgeous work! Wish I could've seen it live.
starthief
eek!

I think this album has just sold me on the Mangrove.

Now I have to choose between that, Loquelic, DPO and Donut. Not enough room for all of 'em... Dead Banana
peanut
Just purchased a copy. Thanks!
fnordboy
This is getting me through the afternoon workload. thumbs up
phosfiend
Killer stuff - inspiring
BonJoey
Been listening to this all day. Great job.
huron
Inspiring stuff right here!
deltaAquarii
awesome music!
and great system!
somehow im always more excited by music from small systems.
wigwig
Terrific!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, mdoudoroff.
huron
tape ordered!
noisejockey
I spat out my coffee when I realized this thread existed. Thanks, mdoudoroff, you've been a kindred spiring in sussing out the Magic of Mannequins.

Thanks, all, for the incredibly kind words. It's extremely humbling, and I am glad you're enjoying the music.

It's a pretty self-explanatory release but if you want even more detail, I author production notes for every album I release on my blog:
http://noisejockey.net/music/2017/05/02/production-notes-etudes-i-blue -box/

If anyone has any questions about the ideas, techniques, or modules involved, don't hesitate to holler.

Cheers and many thanks again for all the support, both through listening, sales, and helping me learn here at MW.
noisejockey
Oh, and the next two entries in the Études series aren't modular. I won't be promoting them here, so just keep an eye on noisejockey.net and my Bandcamp site. They're in the wings and coming soon!
huron
Really enjoyed reading the production notes! Also, I really miss my Mangrove VCO. I used it on the last track on my latest tape.
starthief
I've listened to this album many times since Tuesday, and have probably tried too hard to push it at confused friends who aren't into synth stuff as much as I am hihi

It convinced me I need a Mangrove, and now Just Friends. Tides was my first Eurorack module, and the idea of six almost-Tides-but-with-some-other-stuff in the same space is making me drool a bit. Having one of each should help a bit with the "modulate or oscillate?" quandary. grin

I may also wind up needing Cold Mac too to complete the set (I already have and adore Three Sisters). I've been considering a sort of macro control module like a Planar or Frames anyway...
knittingram
This modular cassette tape renaissance is making for some great records.
windchill
What a fine piece of work!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3