MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC 213
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC 213
mDang
hello andre,
any idea of the price and avaibalaty of this great utility !?
I have to repatch around 100 cables for each live i made, it ask me more than one hour to do it ! so your idea will save me a lot of time and stress !
thanks
Paranormal Patroler
mDang wrote:
hello andre,
any idea of the price and avaibalaty of this great utility !?
I have to repatch around 100 cables for each live i made, it ask me more than one hour to do it ! so your idea will save me a lot of time and stress !
thanks


Oh man, I know the feeling! I got super excited when I saw these modules during SB17. And have you noticed that ADDAC are probably making more than one design? Not sure if that's indeed the case (don't quote me on that) but when I discussed this with Andre he did mention he's considering having different types of 213's to accommodate our different needs.

From what I've gathered I'd say 1-2 months estimate for production. That's usually what it takes from proto to availability but that's always fluctuating depending on the manufacturer's schedule.

I would love to see a photo of your setup by the way, 100 cables that need to be patched sounds massive. woah
mDang
Any news about it ?

Here's my cases : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/385092
Paranormal Patroler
Hey,

last I heard it's getting a revamp so that it uses cables which are easier to find (cause you never know). Also getting some design modification which will make it easier to spread it around your cases. Stay tuned!
mdoudoroff
I’m intrigued. I wonder what the max advisable length might be for the cabling?
Summa
mdoudoroff wrote:
I’m intrigued. I wonder what the max advisable length might be for the cabling?


I asked André that and he tested a 30 meter cable and the voltage drop was about 0.0001V or something similar, I use 1 meter length with no issues, if you're afraid of voltage drop just use a buffered mult in combination with the 213.
mdoudoroff
Summa wrote:

I asked André that and he tested a 30 meter cable and the voltage drop was about 0.0001V or something similar, I use 1 meter length with no issues, if you're afraid of voltage drop just use a buffered mult in combination with the 213.


Thank you. You seem to have a pile of these passive bus modules in your rack(s). Do you chain them all together in a single bus, or do you have multiple buses?
Summa
mdoudoroff wrote:
Summa wrote:

I asked André that and he tested a 30 meter cable and the voltage drop was about 0.0001V or something similar, I use 1 meter length with no issues, if you're afraid of voltage drop just use a buffered mult in combination with the 213.


Thank you. You seem to have a pile of these passive bus modules in your rack(s). Do you chain them all together in a single bus, or do you have multiple buses?


Well my "current" modulargrid is all tossed together with what I have because it's all in several different cases. In the bigger ones (12U 196HP) I have 2x213A with 2x213B each for 24 channels and from the mixer case I have one 213A for 8 channels to the main cases and also one from my smaller 7U which is the case I use the most live but for easy connection and with a lot less spaghetti when hooking it up to the bigger modular. Works really nice!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group