MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Feature Requests
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Disting Feature Requests
The Grump
Still praying for a step sequencer, as previously described. we're not worthy
The Grump
Also, maybe this is a bit much, but what about a sample edit mode which allows one to truncate the start and end points of a sample, split it into two (or more) separate samples, append a sample with a second selected sample, and edit the sample name/s and loop on/off state? Too much? I'm just thinking about live captures and quickly putting percussive sounds to use with accurate timing.
This also refers to the editing of CV recordings (if such a thing would be possible), for example a sequence of trigger pulses, chopping out the good bits, then making a solid loop, and using the clockable playback algorithm to create synchronized pulse sequences quickly, without having to dump to a computer then back onto the card.

The current capabilities with longer sounds and the crossfade playback mode are already quite mind-blowing, especially when one has multiple distings and starts doing sound on sound things back and forth, perhaps using a third disting to process. Anyhow, if this is too ambitious, I quite understand.
smallfestivalballs
a stereo delay,

x- L in
y- R in
a- L out
b- R out

z speed,

settings for dry/wet mix
and feedback

thank you
jamos
I put this in the wrong forum earlier...
----

I would love to see an implementation of the Logistic map:

xn+1 = rxn(1-xn)

This chaotic function produces some wonderfully musical curves, especially at the chaords (the boundaries between order and chaos). In the Disting, input Z would be r (ranges from 0 to 4, so map appropriately), X would be a trigger input, Y a reset, and A and B are outputs.

For more info see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_map
The Grump
Might it be possible to add a fine tune mode to the A-1 Precision Adder? How accurate is the CV currently?

Also, a simple volt meter might be good tool, and maybe a Reference voltage algorithm, so that a calibrated Disiting would be capable of providing a reference voltage to an uncalibrated one, in the event that someone inadvertently set one of them into Calibration mode while trying to change parameters with the S knob. Not that anyone would be clumsy enough to ever do such a thing. *coughs*

For a volt meter, maybe an adjustable sampling rate, and hold function might be good for reading purposes, if the output is numerical, or a combination display, as is used in the audio recording functions?
Shledge
You can turn off stepping in both precision adder modes, allowing for fine tuning.
The Grump
Shledge wrote:
You can turn off stepping in both precision adder modes, allowing for fine tuning.

Thank you. Yes, parameter 1, setting 1, however, it's not that fine a resolution, and when you turn it off (param 1, val 0), it goes back to the stepped value, not, stepped value +/- fine adjustment. A finer resolution option would be nice, if possible, and stepped value +/- fine adjustment offset would also be a nice option, if possible. Maybe add parameter 2, fine adjustment offset? .01v increments possible? Finer for high frequency fine adjustments, etc.?
Shledge
How is it not that fine? The input/output resolution is 24bit, which I presume the precision adder modes resort to when stepping is off. You can do some seriously minute adjustments at that resolution.
The Grump
Shledge wrote:
How is it not that fine? The input/output resolution is 24bit, which I presume the precision adder modes resort to when stepping is off. You can do some seriously minute adjustments at that resolution.

Yes, but if you so much as fart at the Z encoder in the wrong tone of voice, you'll change the voltage output, albeit ever so slighly. Let's say you want to put out *exactly* +3.00v, for a calibration, or let's say you're trying to get two oscillators to interact above audible range, with a slight detuning so as to bring about audible heterodyne artifacts that have regularity to them. Or, in a more conventional application: more precise adjustment of a sound's starting point when using algo I-1. A "zoom" function/vernier/finer resolution mode which allows the Z encoder to adjust the output/offset in smaller increments would be extremely helpful. Why does such an idea so strike you as anathema?
Shledge
Put a DC offset into the Z input and you can adjust it to an even finer degree. That said, I never really had to resort to that.

The 1v steps it outputs are pretty accurate to the point that you don't really need fine tuning just to get 3v. I've used the precision adder modes as a means of calibrating other modules many times. It's certainly more accurate than some MIDI/CV converters I've used.

If you do feel the need to fine tune to combat tracking issues, wouldn't it be better to consider calibrating your oscillators instead by using your disting as a reference?
The Grump
Shledge wrote:
Put a DC offset into the Z input and you can adjust it to an even finer degree. That said, I never really had to resort to that.

That is what I had to resort to in order to achieve the accuracy I sought. My experiences, not yours, and no less or more valid. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm quite grateful for the Precision Adder's presence, and not saying it's inadequate, just that a fine adjustment feature would be a nice touch, and I honestly can't imagine it being that hard to implement. In fact, it's probably the simplest request I've yet made for the Disting. Most of my other requests seem outlandish in comparison.
The Grump
bemushroomed wrote:
What i mean is, there might be instances where you want a sample to have lower volume than what you normally use. Maybe one of the snares would work better as a "ghost hit" for a certain beat you've created, or maybe you want to mute it out completely in a groove which sounds a bit too busy.

To do this now i would have to find out which sample it is, turn off the modular, remove the card, edit the sample to a lower volume. Or i would have to mute the particular trigger, and that can be a real head scratcher unless it's a programmed groove that i can easily access and just edit.

At least one, if not more of the playback algorithms feature velocity sensitivity, derived from the gate levels. Perhaps that might be something to experiment with, in a pinch?
adaris
My request is pretty simple: for the clockable delay, add a 0/1 parameter that, when set to 1, sets feedback to 0 and makes the delay time determined by Z instead of Y. In this mode Y would be a second signal input, with A & B outputting the delayed X & Y signals, respectively, unless nothing is plugged into Y, in which case the output of A & B would be determined by parameter 1 as usual.
os
So a stereo delay, same as https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2957503#2957503 ?
adaris
os wrote:
So a stereo delay, same as https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2957503#2957503 ?

Sorry, missed that, I was actually thinking in terms of delaying cv/gate signals, but yes, that would work.
chuckleone
Thanks for adding the sub octave output to the VCO algorithms as well as all the rest of the amazing updates. Seriously love this module.
filippo
Hello!!

I'm new here.
I'm just wondering if there's a Mono to Stereo option in the new Disting Mk4.

Or any trick into the Mk4 to make a mono source stereo.

Thanksss
lohacker
filippo wrote:
Hello!!

I'm new here.
I'm just wondering if there's a Mono to Stereo option in the new Disting Mk4.

Or any trick into the Mk4 to make a mono source stereo.

Thanksss

try with L2 mono to stereo reverb
os
A-1 Precision Adder would do it, but equally you could just use a passive mult or stacked cable.
cryptogreen
I had a lot of fun with a clockable binaural oscillator I made in Audulus https://forum.audulus.com/t/binaural-beat-oscillator/1317

It occured to me while I was out walking the dog that is would be perfect for the disting.

z- Tuning

x- 1V/Oct
y- Clock signal

A- Signal 1
B- Signal 2

I guess there could be some options for waveform too.
adaris
Don't know how feasible this is, but how about a granular pitch-shifter along the same lines as the Audio Damage ADM02:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/audio-damage-adm02-grainshift

I'm thinking X would be the signal input, Z would adjust the pitch, and Y could be either grain size or "chaos" (pitch / grain size randomization), dependent on a parameter setting. A second parameter would set whichever of these two wasn't mapped to the Y input.
The shifted signal would appear at output A while B could output either the unaltered input signal or else another copy of the shifted signal (perhaps determined by a third parameter).
Bignorthumbrian
What about a vactrol low pass gate emulation?
cryptogreen
Bignorthumbrian wrote:
What about a vactrol low pass gate emulation?

Would z be level and y be ping? Because the fun of LPGs is the pinging smile
Fugubot
Please consider: songwriters often use a loop to start writing a new composition. If Disting sent a clock tick at the start of the loop each time it plays, then the tempo could be set by dividing that clock output. This would greatly help integrating the modular with composer needs. Drum loops that are set to 137 bpm would establish tempo simply by looping at normal speed and sending out a clock tick when the loop starts. Thanks for your consideration.
vitanboranov
Folder support for midi file player please smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 9 of 11