MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HELP - Module BETA testers needed
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author HELP - Module BETA testers needed
dslocum
(This is cross-posted on dotcomformat @ yahoo)

Hi Folks,

I don't know a better way of asking for your help. DOTCOM folks please take notice.

I'm developing a line of DOTCOM modules that augment, rather than compete with, Roger's already impressive line of modules. I want to play peacefully in the arena and am open to guidance & suggestions.

FYI - My current modules are: (many more on the way, BTW)

1U Analog Delay/Echo Voltage controlled delay (PT2399 based - no noise reduction compander)
2U Triple Parametric Filter (Freq, Res, Cut/Boost for each)
2U Steiner Filter
1U Quad VCA - 4 linear VCAs in a single width panel

I'd like one or two WELL QUALIFIED folks to test my prototypes and provide timely feedback. If you are willing to do this, please conact me. I'm all ears.

Regards,

Doug
suitandtieguy
I'm really good at testing modules, and extremely critical. I nominate myself.
dslocum
suitandtieguy wrote:

STG,

Hmm. I've heard much about you. I hope I can stand up to your scrutiny! :-) :-) :-)

Can you deal with a proto PCB with flying leads? If so, Send your address via pmail. I look forward to the firing squad.

Doug
www.steamsynth.com
sunsinger
Count me in. I beta test modules and software all the time.
russma
Welcome to the forum Doug. Will these modules have the steampunk visual style?

I'm no beta tester, but I'm anxious for a 5U delay module.

thumbs up
JohnLRice
Welcome, Doug! w00t

I sent a pm.
urbanscallywag
is pt2399 really considered analog?
bwhittington
The COTK "Analog Delay" gets ridiculed for using PT chips as well. That doesn't mean Doug's module won't sound great, but unless he wants to be answering that question for the rest of his life, he probably should change the name.

Cheers.
Brian
analogsteve
Off topic....

Brian,

Your new avatar is nice and all, but I must admit I already miss the unicorn. I'm not sure what that says about me...

Steve
bwhittington
analogsteve wrote:
Your new avatar is nice and all, but I must admit I already miss the unicorn. I'm not sure what that says about me...

It takes a big man to admit he misses a picture of a unicorn and a rainbow. hihi But I've got you covered!

Cheers,
Brian
urbanscallywag
i didn't know that about the CoTK delay
suitandtieguy
Yeah I would not call it analogue if its the PT chip.
essex sound lab
Edit: oops...wrong thread. oops
awesome
nvm, PM sent
doctorvague
suitandtieguy wrote:

You're offering to beta test for a competitor?? hmmm.....

Well no one overuses an echo module more than I do.
I'm not sure that qualifies me though...

I agree about not calling your echo "Analog". You're asking for a bunch of grief on that. That chip is not analog.
The Steiner filter interests me as well as a 4x linear VCA. Will the parametric be voltage controlled? If so, interested, if not, not.
suitandtieguy
doctorvague wrote:
You're offering to beta test for a competitor??

of course i am.

i also design front panels for competitors. when they compensate me with a module.

fuck. i'm even going to offer to help Pete Grenader suss out the reset logic in his NanoMilton later today. he's going to turn me down, but it will be his loss. i explained to a friend of his over the phone what it was doing wrong, and he told this person that it was MIDI sync's fault. obvsly i am currently riding in an ROFLOLocopter about this.
doctorvague
suitandtieguy wrote:
doctorvague wrote:
You're offering to beta test for a competitor??

of course i am.

i also design front panels for competitors. when they compensate me with a module.

fuck. i'm even going to offer to help Pete Grenader suss out the reset logic in his Microimilton later today. he's going to turn me down, but it will be his loss. i explained to a friend of his over the phone what it was doing wrong, and he told this person that it was MIDI sync's fault. obvsly i am currently riding in an ROFLOLocopter about this.

Interesting. No criticism intended - I was really curious about that and often I can't tell when you're kidding and when you're serious TBH.
suitandtieguy
doctorvague wrote:
I can't tell when you're kidding and when you're serious TBH.

wow. cool. i'm glad to be a man of mystery. it makes me wish this icon was a photo of myself.
bwhittington
suitandtieguy wrote:
doctorvague wrote:

wow. cool. i'm glad to be a man of mystery. it makes me wish this icon was a photo of myself.

What a minute . . . it isn't? seriously, i just don't get it

Next thing you know, doctorvague is going to make the equally irrational claim that his avatar isn't a photo of himself.

Mr. Green w00t Mr. Green

Cheers,
Brian
doctorvague
bwhittington wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:
doctorvague wrote:

What a minute . . . it isn't? seriously, i just don't get it

Next thing you know, doctorvague is going to make the equally irrational claim that his avatar isn't a photo of himself.

Mr. Green w00t Mr. Green

Cheers,
Brian

Brian you have nice tits.
bwhittington
doctorvague wrote:
Brian you have nice tits.

oops
Thanks. I've always been self-conscious about my hips, though.

Cheers,
Brian
Peake
urbanscallywag wrote:
is pt2399 really considered analog?

It has a useful character, which is more than most digital delays can say. I like that chip, for what it is.
dslocum
idiotboy wrote:
Welcome to the forum Doug. Will these modules have the steampunk visual style?

I'm no beta tester, but I'm anxious for a 5U delay module.

thumbs up

Hi,
While I love the SteamPunk forms, these modules will be "toned-down" to exactly match Roger's modules (when possible - more on that later...).
Doug
dslocum
bwhittington wrote:
The COTK "Analog Delay" gets ridiculed for using PT chips as well. That doesn't mean Doug's module won't sound great, but unless he wants to be answering that question for the rest of his life, he probably should change the name.

Cheers.
Brian

Alright, alright already! Digital it shall be! (Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? :-) ) GRIN!
suitandtieguy
why try to match Roger's modules? i don't. i match Moog! LOL

also ... don't shy away from the D-word. people will still buy it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3