MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Twisted-Electrons crazy8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Twisted-Electrons crazy8
davidjames
Came across this in one of the Superbooth videos. At first I didn't pay much attention but it looks to be a lot of fun. Seems like it has some limitations but its also a great price compared to the more robust options like Engine or Cirklon. Anyone else excited for it?

https://twisted-electrons.com/crazy8/
mongrol
I actually quite fancy this. If it did CC's I'd be right there. I have a Midibox and it's just a tad underneath DAW status for me in terms of song composition, but then at the other end of the scale it's not so immediate for live performance that it's fast enough workflow wise to get a tune from head to speaker quickly enough. Sometimes you just want something simple to do the job without the complexity of a cirklon.

Gonna squiz over the manual of this thing....

Ninja edit: No cc's, limited chords, more step than realtime. It's definitely not quicker than a Midibox in head to speaker terms so I'll pass.
rhythmdial
WOW! this is fantastic! As an acid8 user this should be a lot of fun to use and easy to use. that is a lot of connectivity in a small package!
I think this and a Zaquencer side by side will be major sequencing power for my rig. Definitely on my to-buy list for this year, I can picture using most of the cv/gate for filter or drum modulations in my skiff
loowfizzz
I am really waiting for this...
mongrol
I still quite fancy it as well.

Also... I emailed Alex and basically told him to make a drum synth already. Turns out they've been working on one for a few months. Really hope it's a synth and not a PCM based thing. They world need somethins to replace the LXR I sold.
djthopa
I recently got one.

I like it but it would be great if there was a mode where you could see active states of four channels.

Im actually only using the cv / gate outs, but not having any reference where the notes or steps of each channel are is quite confusing.

Maybe this could be implemented on a future update? nanners
mongrol
Any update on this one? Has anything changed, updated? stagnated and been sold on?
GovernorSilver
Forgot about this one. been thinking of getting a Korg SQ-1 to sequence pitch CV to my Lyra-8.
Panason
A MIDI sequencer without CC support is inexcusable these days.
GovernorSilver
Just read elsewhere "Midi CC per step or different notes per step"

They need to update the manual and the website with this info to confirm. To easy to spread fake news about MIDI CC or whatever on blogs, forums, etc. without the official info.
Nelson Baboon
Panason wrote:

do you think that manufacturers should be thrown in jail for neglecting this?
Panason
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Panason wrote:

do you think that manufacturers should be thrown in jail for neglecting this?

Nah, jail's too good for them. They should be forced to listen to elevator music made only with General Midi modules for the rest of their lives.
Sir Ruff
Has anyone compared this to the Engine? I'm assuming Engine is more complex/has more features... But it's also more than twice the cost. For someone who is generally hardware sequencer averse (when multiple button combos are needed), I'm wondering if this would be a better unit for live/sketch work.
GovernorSilver
I don't see any proof of whether or not MIDI CC support is actually there.

No proof was provided by the OP or anyone else on this thread.
Sir Ruff
GovernorSilver wrote:

Why would you think that this supported midi CC in the first place? There are no options for external control of anything via midi other than pitch/gate.
GovernorSilver
Sir Ruff wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Why would you think that this supported midi CC in the first place? There are no options for external control of anything via midi other than pitch/gate.

I don't think it does. I don't think it doesn't.

Just trying to verify whether or not the info in the OP was accurate.
GovernorSilver
There's actually another product called Crazy8 Beats. Link for those of you who are unfamiliar with Google wink

https://twisted-electrons.com/product/crazy8-beats-pre-order/

"MIDI velocity amount, CC modulation, or both per step."
Sir Ruff
GovernorSilver wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

I don't think it does. I don't think it doesn't.

Just trying to verify whether or not the info in the OP was accurate.

Got it. A perusal of the Crazy8 demo vids on their website gives zero indication that midi CC is supported.
mongrol
You could write and ask? He does respond fairly quickly.
GovernorSilver
I was going to email Twisted Electrons to ask, because I'm not in the habit of relying on the accuracy of what people on forums before spending money on gear.

but then saw the newer Crazy8 Beats.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1