MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New module: HVM for 5U
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author New module: HVM for 5U
Synthbuilder

This is basically the VP-330 parts of the original half rack HVM I did a few years ago and put into a 5U friendly format.

http://www.oakleysound.com/5uhvm.htm

The boards are available now. It's a four layer board hence the price. I'll have more details on the site later today and documentation should be available in next few days.

All the components are pretty standard apart from some of the capacitor values. If you order from Mouser then there will be no problem as they have all the values you need. If not, I'm selling a small capacitor kit which contains the difficult to get values.

Tony
eljay
Brilliant! I'll be placing an order shortly. It makes sense to have this in module format. Keep those new 5U modules coming please.
LED-man
Thank you Tony for doing this
ppkstat
We need some sound samples : razz
Synthbuilder
ppkstat wrote:
We need some sound samples : razz

Sorry, I've not had time to do any just yet. I've got some dull static ones done but I need to do something a bit more tuneful with it.

In the meantime there's this:

The HVM will sound like the first parts of this video. The fixed filter bank in the HVM is the same one I added to this old Roland RS-101.

There's an ensemble effect built into this RS-101 and used at various points in the video. I have a prototype of a new 1U 19" rack ensemble effect unit which will recreate that effect and more. I hope to have a small run of units available before the end of the year. It's called the SRE330 and the current plan is to have it ready made although a kit option may be possible.

Tony
ppkstat
No need for apologies Tony, we will gladly wait.
Synthbuilder
[s]http://soundcloud.com/takla-makan/5u-hvm-twiddles[/s]

Just noodling with a single sawtooth VCO going into an Oakley HVM. Firstly, F4 UPR, then M8 UPR, then M4 LWR (Option B) and finally M8 LWR. Vibrato under aftertouch control. Reverb added courtesy of Valhalla Vintage Verb.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/takla-makan/5u-hvm-raw-output[/s]

Simple single sawtooth input from one Oakley VCO with notes played across the keyboard. Four sets played with M8 LWR first, followed by M4 LWR (Option B), followed M8 UPR and finally F4 UPR.

Tony
Leverkusen
I just built my HVM module - it took me 4 ½ hours listening to records of Arthur Brown, The Beach Boys, Billy Jack Wills and Charly Patton for the whole build plus two slices of bread and black currant 93 curd (I wonder how much time everyone else needs for one module?).

Now it's bed time but it sounded beautiful in a very short first test. Reminds me of Mrs. Carlos, Depeche Mode, New Age and some strange medieval tunes in four different shapes and looks like this:

I have to try out some more things over the next days...

Thank you Tony!

(...linked the Oakley ground pads after taking the picture:)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1