MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Aphex Twin Live Stream
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Aphex Twin Live Stream
grep
"Aphex Twin headlines Field Day this weekend and the full set will be live streamed on Saturday evening via NTS Radio.

Vvisual collaborator Weirdcore have created a special adaptation of the live show, a bespoke online visual immersion, for the exclusive online stream. Check the live countdown via the NTS website, and also view teaser videos featuring unreleased music below."

http://www.nts.live/projects/aphex-twin
Bobby
8.55 pm GMT. Gonna be locked on, gutted I'm not at the event
Samaepstein
Dude is relentless. Awesome to be able to see this!
dogoftears
this sounds cool. i wonder if he's just laptoppin it or if he's got some of the machines up there. it sounds very live, even like unique to the set? maybe i just haven't kept up with latest aphex material well enough.
ModusOp
Whoa... Sounds pretty dope!! SlayerBadger!
lohacker
dogoftears wrote:
this sounds cool. i wonder if he's just laptoppin it or if he's got some of the machines up there. it sounds very live, even like unique to the set? maybe i just haven't kept up with latest aphex material well enough.

Seems like an intellijel case right there SlayerBadger!
ignatius
it's up on youtube now. great fucking wild set. the front row people were a trip.

dogoftears
oh neat, from that pic it would seem he's DJing and adding some whiz-bam on top with the modular. sounded like a few insert fx in there being toggled as well.

cool set, prolly listen again later as the live stream had some hiccups.
ignatius
dogoftears wrote:
oh neat, from that pic it would seem he's DJing and adding some whiz-bam on top with the modular. sounded like a few insert fx in there being toggled as well.

cool set, prolly listen again later as the live stream had some hiccups.

i think the first part of it had more live/modular elements then it went to DJ set and the laptop there.

regardless it was a nice face melting set. pretty hard techno in places.
Jondue
Is there any way to watch this? The YouTube link is locked for the United States waah waah waah
goldenliustra
prae
yeah this was fucking mad. was backstage for a bit of it and didn't see him with decks. i feel like it was a multitracked dj set pushing audio in to the mixer, for use with FX etc. modular i guess came in to effect in the last 20 mins or so.
Jondue
goldenliustra wrote:

Awesome!!! Can't wait to watch this later w00t

Thank you!
Reese P. Dubin
yesterdays new LP is also predictably fantastic
you will find it on the internet
he is truly gifted and makes it sound so easy
reckon theres loads of Cheetah on there
gimber
There's a track list in the first comment here
amnesia
Shame its so glitchy. in a bad way, slight gaps etc
basicbasic
Fave track from the set so far

dubonaire
He's using Traktor to do the DJing part. I saw him in Sydney a few years ago and I think his sets are brilliant. I put him at the forefront, where he's always been. I feel he's giving a rave and techno history lesson while being completely contemporary. The visuals are engaging and participative. He knows his shit.
prae
"user18081971 at 0:02:

hi just checkin quickly to to say thanks to all the lush people I met in the last few days, its been a fucking trip and quite mental.. just about got my hearing back 80%.. after field day just in time for Dublin..were going to put the field day video back up with multiple audio sources, mics, desk mix, my booth etc, with sliders so you can make your own mix hopefully even put user sliders for delay as well to time correct it to your liking, fingers crossed gunna try and do it before i go to porto, not sleeping to get it all done, got to do some repairs to the modular as well, thanks all, see you ont’ tuther side .

user18081971 at 0:02:
@user18081971: also loads of you interested in the setup..running a few progs, Traktor/msp and eurorack modular..dont often use Traktor but its ok but pisses me off it doesn’t do multiple bpms per track, come on NI get with the ‘programme’ will put a modular grid config up to shut you all up smile"

- https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/uchoob-links

will be interested in the modulargrid setup for sure.
khyber
Set was bonkers, watched the NTS stream. Lots of the front row fans seemed kind of bored during the noise parts (bored or zonked out of their minds at least). Wondering too about the ModularGrid rack, don't know how much he put the rack to use, but then again I don't know most of the details about the performance
gimber
Here's the modulargrid setup from that soundcloud link
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_460485.jpg

Quote:

@user18081971: heres the thingy cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modul…grid_460485.jpg ive used 2 other completely different ones but this is the one ive got with me on the road right now. The SMR has Afx custom tunings in it of course and the Zdsp has some of my own patches
Posted 1 day ago1 day
@user18081971: thought the Zdsp had stacked it but the piggyback PCB had just fallen off inside, lucky it didnt short out.
Posted 1 day ago1 day
forgot to say how the modular bit is working, have 10 outputs from the modular into the Midas 160 and 7 outputs from the midas160 into the modular. Midas is really good for this as, I use the group out sliders and the aux out sliders, which are really nice and fast to set on the fly, can play them as opposed to turning a knob which is a slower to do in live situ. Do a little bit of patching on the go but automate a few different routings with the WMDmatrix, I used to use the Alyseum matrix for that but ran out of room, need a bigger case..as always…still its great trying to work with a limited set of modules, wish there was a eurorack matrix module with built in attenuverters per routing like the totally awesome Buchla 210e.
Karabekian
I was there for the whole thing but remember nothing.

I hate myself.
noahlerch
Never get tired of watching him.
tron23
New World Generation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1