MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alternatives to LZX?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Alternatives to LZX?
smokeDoepfereveryday
Hello, video synth newb here,

Wondering if are strong (and possibly cheaper) alternatives to getting a LZX rack? Happy to consider software alternatives too

I'd like to get into vector rescanning and visual processing ideally, much like this example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmUSb1ptCNg&list=PLn71zfy5PRdEC7xDTQUX Pmelz5Unh4Yv1&index=122

any advice much appreciated, thanks! razz
revmutt
There isn't a huge amount of choices in hardware video synthesis and a major part of the cost is that the components are precision, thus more expensive. Im sure someone else can chime in on software or options for Vector resynthesis.

I would love to see some more people join in the fray but I am very happy with LZX and have high hopes for their continued evolution.
Ddorward
lzx isnt cheap, but then again, most forays into the video world arent either--lzx is amazing and to me, well worth the price.....
Dirty_Bill
You can do quite a bit of graphics on 'scopes in the audio range and with software (although not really vector rescanning of video). Check out the work Derek Holzer (Macumbista) and others are doing...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1