MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Set SAM to show
RPSU questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author RPSU questions
Blake Smith
Hi there,

I'm putting together an RPSU with the intention of powering an HVM and SE330, and will be using a single phase 16v 1000ma AC adapter.

I wasn't reading the build document close enough and I went ahead and soldered in D9 and D9, however they are indicated as not needed in the case of a single phase supply. Will it hurt anything if they are left in place, or should they be taken out?

Also, just so I understand the ripple requirement on the 1000u electrolytic caps, the 750ma ripple requirement is a minimum rating, so if the cap has a higher ripple then it should be more than adequate?

Thanks,

Blake.
Synthbuilder
Blake Smith wrote:
Will it hurt anything if [D9 & D10] are left in place, or should they be taken out?

You can leave them in place - they'll not affect anything.

Quote:
the 750ma ripple requirement is a minimum rating, so if the cap has a higher ripple then it should be more than adequate?

Yes. The higher the better - although the higher rated ones are usually physically bigger and more expensive.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1